Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
I have stayed on the sidelines for the majority of this event but as Proper said before me, I think that there needs to be accountability for actions.  Generally speaking, if people have taken the time and effort to report someone for something such as harassment then there is something wrong. Even if you don't believe or didn't intend what you said to be harmful to someone, it still can be. And if it is, it is better to take a step back and reflect on what you did that could have caused that. Now while you don't have to admit total wrongdoing, you should still acknowledge that your actions harmed someone and that by proxy said actions harm the community as a whole. In this context, that doesn't mean groveling for forgiveness in unban requests, but it does mean that there should be some acknowledgment that what was done caused harm and that steps are being taken to prevent yourself from making the same errors in the future. In my personal opinion, if my actions harmed someone I think that I should also include an acknowledgment of some wrongdoing on my part and an apology to those hurt, but that's just me. About half of the people who were banned are people I played with and would consider my friends, and I would love to play with them again, but I think some form of accountability for their actions should be taken by them.

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Ckg - 09-06-2019, 08:28 PM