Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
[quote pid='67418' dateline='1567822386']

(09-06-2019, 06:57 PM)Foxka Wrote: As one of the people involved in this whole shebang I still do not approve of you guys opting for full community bans, without warning to some, and pretending as if it's some sort of public display of shame towards these individuals to be forced to essentially beg for forgiveness in order to be unbanned. None of us wanted this. And before being accused of being a part of this so called "hivemind" I think it's extremely important to let people know that theres maybe 1 or 2 people that were banned that I can even stand talking to sometimes. No one was pushing me to have different opinions that what I truly felt. 

My biggest concern here is that you (the admins) are comparing community bans to that of dropping the fucking nukes on japan. That is incredibly disrespectful and uncalled for, this is not that extreme. You guys are in charge of running a community, not executing millions of people.

While gabe touched on the multiple groups formed, or as I call them, cliques,  how are you going to assess and determine which ones are toxic and which ones are just people being close? Since I'm one of the people you could consider too afraid to speak up for myself due to backlash, I'm gonna lay it down here now and point out that even while I was staff myself, the mods and admins will treat you like crap if you are not upper staff. I have barely acted differently since resigning yet now I am being dumpstered by people o thought were friendly. There is too much of a mob mentality still after this ban wave. Too many things are being turned away from with blind eyes that others would be decimated for. 

Anyways this is the worst thing I've ever written and sorry for that. I am still a salty boy.
>snip< On top of this, we fully explained the lack of warnings (while for some it may have helped) if you had fully read, which it's obvious you didn't, sorry, the reason for not individually warning was the multiple posts, and threads and threads and posts made addressing toxic behavior, and many of these people were at the forefront for helping us combat it, but refused to acknowledge it their selves. I must also say the nukes thing was taken too literal on your part, we don't mean that this is literally a nuke drop, but reference the similarities. Not literalness?? As for the determination of cliques etc, it's extremely obvious when people are cliques and to the point they "gang" up together. I cannot and will not speak for TTT but if anyone on PH has felt like I was treating them like shit, I would prefer they come and tell me. Most of them tell me when I'm being an absolute bitch and that's how I prefer it. Keeping communication like that open, instead of closed, is so SO important. As for the rest of the incidents, i personally have not been reported to more than these people (that i can remember) so if there's more, and you're comfortable, as I told laced, please message me. I will personally look into it.

ritsuneru

[quote pid='67403' dateline='1567819674']
>snip<
[/quote]
I will say on a few occasions you refused to admit fault, and did state you didn't do anything to deserve a ban, kicks, etc. We weren't using real life events to make us right, but to give more insight. They weren't supposed to be taken as literal comparisons, we didn't really expect anyone to do so, honest to god. lol. Like this is online, common sense it's not a literal bombing/court case/etc. It kind of went over everyone's heads what we meant by these *snip*
[/quote]

Gonna keep this brief

These are exactly the inflammatory responses that make me afraid to speak up against admins. We get passive aggressive responses like this. You made an assumption that I didnt read the whole post (which I did) and then act like I'm a fucking retard for calling out the allusion >which YOU agreed on using< as being inappropriate and disrespectful. You claim to ask if you're treating someone like shit that they tell you, but I'm honestly not convinced you wont take screenshots of this open communication to use as evidence to silence that person. If you dont want something taken literally do not use it as a comparison, and do not mock people for being upset that you did.

This is the kind of response that convinces me you dont actually care about the community but more so about being "right" in this situation. This is why I am convinced I should be afraid to publicly criticize upper staff.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Foxka - 09-06-2019, 09:31 PM