Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
(09-06-2019, 09:42 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: My final thoughts on this whole situation along with me losing my shit a little. This is my very harsh opinion on all of this so take that as a warning...
I believe that some of this was justified and some of it was bullshit. Some of these bans should have been done sooner and some shouldn't have been done at all. Communication was probably the biggest issue within this entire thing. I truly believe some of this was an excuse to get rid of certain people. I also think that there are some people who need to grow up and not get offended so easily by people online. This was one of the worst decisions I've seen in all my time in multiple communities from multiple games and servers. You said that this was going to be "beneficial is the long run." Honestly, I don't think I've heard a bigger crock of shit in my entire life. You will never be able to remove toxicity or harassment from a community. There will always be toxic people. There will always be people who are easily offended. There will always be people who survive because of the lack of "evidence." If I remember correctly (I could be wrong) there was a mention of this being an example. All you did was shift the toxicity. The evidence is easy as fuck to find. You did nothing to actually "address the toxicity in the community." Obviously no one can make a decision that makes everyone happy. I understand that. But this could and should have been dealt with better. You considered the multiple posts about toxicity trying to "send the message." If you put instructions in front of someone and don't tell them that they're expected to read them, what do you think is going to happen? Also, you basically said you have no idea why TDawg was permabanned, so why was he unanimously (in principle of course) voted off the island. He's obviously unbanned now, but you still COMMUNITY BANNED him for disagreeing with people on discord. Also, this whole "indefinite" thing really pisses me off. The point of a PERMAban is to be permanent. What's the point of a permaban if you want them to appeal? This whole "we are kicking them out until they say sorry" thing is stupid. This is all my opinion and I will say it. I honestly don't care if I get demoted or banned from it.

first let me personally say getting banned or demoted for disagreeing is shitty

that aside, i can get your point. a lot of people still feel this way and i understand. with tdawg while we agreed we still dont fully know the extent of everything and im sorry. that is our fault. we should have paid closer attention to >everything< and to lie about it and say we did is wrong. but we can't take back what we did, only try to make amends for it. while what he did wasn't as severe as the others it was enough to warrant some kind of ban. as for the permanence thing, i dont think theres any of us that truly see a permanent ban, as an actual PERMANENT ban if that makes sense. we always believe in the ability for people to change, and come back better,  or etc. maybe we can change the name to something more fitting, i dont know. this is another reason for miscommunication because like i said before in a nother comment on the other post, we dont see it as a death sentence, and never really have. we have let many people come back from permanent bans and some from community bans, so thats how we were looking at it, instead of through the eyes of those that viewed it as an actual permanence. we should have worded that better to begin with, and stated they were temporary until appeal, and if there was no appeal they wouldnt be lifted or something similar? im not sure which sounds better honestly. we do know that toxicity is never going to end, but we want to at least do our best to put a stop to people being afraid to talk. and it wasnt just one or two groups being scared to talk, it was a lot of individuals that had nothing to do with these people that were scared too. you're right though, communication has been the worst factor in all of this. i know we're doing what we can to work on that so that everyone has a voice, player and staff wise, and dishing out more responsibilities to lower staff so that everyone feels more equal, though many of the public isnt aware yet. I hope you guys get to see this soon, but we're working on it. it takes some time.

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Smurfmin - 09-06-2019, 09:50 PM