Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
"From what I see, actively going out to target someone does not equal disagreeing with them, no matter how far you place your foot forward. I get it, we can't see all the details, so prepare for us to talk about what we can see rather than what we're told to trust you guys."

A reiteration of my point that I made. I haven't seen any solid evidence- that's being redacted for the sake of others- that these players actively went out of their way to harass players. I'm sorry, but I could never see a strong projection of an opinion as harassment. I don't know what these people actually did, and I don't think anybody has except for those directly involved. The problem lies with abandoning a core set of members, Laced and Wild probably being the most dedicated players I've seen. [Read the C. S. Lewis quote] You're absolutely right, keeping the environment positive does promote traffic. The issue many people feel with these bans is how local they were to certain scenarios and how a few individual personalities felt, not how it influenced an entire server. I don't see a heavy relevance to that influence, and I'm sure neither do a lot of people. Laced, Wild, and Lily, in my experience of playing on the server, we're perfectly great players to everyone who would play at the time, and as much as I can assume with what's given, I don't believe the problems laid with them creating a disturbance to a larger pool of players than it did to a handful selection.

It's ok you agree with the measures taken, but I'm part of the large majority that does not. With recent events, some really good people have decided to not participate in server relations because of how the means justified an end. This does seem like a goal of encouraged sensitivity, and I personally disagree with it. This was a draconian punishment to a lot of people, and from the words of those banned, out of nowhere. I've seen this problem on a server I managed and actively played on, and this was an early pull at a fix. In it's totality, from the forum posts, we've lost a large total of dedicated members. I feel bad for Ckg pulling the weight of the other near double digit list of staff members that decided to also pack their bags and leave. Cull the herd, I suppose.

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Stiffler's Mom - 09-06-2019, 10:26 PM