Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detective and/or Traitor buyable items
I've found some new items that might help to increase the amount of items that the detective has available, and you might find some of these interesting to add to Traitor as well.

M4 SLAM

The M4 SLAM is a replacement for the SLAM Tripmine currently on the server. As it is currently, the SLAM is triggered by traitors, and they have no warning of where they are, unlike how, say, C4 tells other traitors their location. This addon fixes that, and expands the functionality of the tripmine significantly; the tripmine functions more like the SLAM that can be used in Sandbox mode. This means that you can now optionally drop it on the ground instead of attaching it to the wall, and then blow it up manually. Detectives can defuse the tripmine in either mode (floor or wall) using a defuser, and can pick it up themselves afterwards. The traitor that placed the tripmine also can pick it up at any time.

Juggernaut Suit

The Juggernaut Suit is a passive. Using this suit, the detective becomes resistant to most forms of damage. In particular, the detective takes 80% less explosive damage, 65% less fire damage, and has their movement speed reduced by 25% (configurable to any value). Additionally, they can only take up to 50 explosion damage at once, which means that they can't be instant killed by any single explosion; that means that Banana Bombs in particular might make a good choice to take detectives out, since they'll survive a Holy Hand Grenade or Jihad, even if it's right on top of them. The addon page mentions that it uses a custom model for the detective when this item is activated, but I'm not sure if it includes the model in the download or not. The model is no longer downloadable on the Workshop, so worst case scenario, we have to pick a new model to use instead.

Lucky Horseshoe

A passive that's for both Detectives and Traitors (although this is configurable), it reduces fall damage by 90%. Additionally, any fall damage taken cannot exceed 35 damage.

Hermes Boots

The Hermes Boots are a passive item that increases movement speed by 30% (configurable to any value). It's available to both traitors and detectives, although I personally think it should be removed from traitors because of how obvious it would be. This item can be considered an offset to the Juggernaut Suit, since it increases movement speed enough that you're slightly faster than you were before, offsetting the Jugernaut Suit's speed reduction.
THese all sound great, We do need more credit shop items, Not more shitty playermodels.
The M4 SLAM sounds awesome, and I see no reason we shouldn't implement it.

The other three seem way too OP. If a detective uses a Juggernaut and the Hermes Boots, he is slightly faster and takes way less damage. That is completely broken. Even by themselves they seem a bit OP.

The Horseshoe is a little better, but it still seems OP imo.
Please, the SLAM. Anything to stop T on T accidents. People just don't listen and don't pay attention, and they run into tripwire mines. They're so good too, if well hidden.

Juggernaut suit... Ehh, The reason why we use holy hand grenades and jihads and shit in the first place is to primarily take care of the detectives, since they already spawn with body armor. A person with a rifle may have a hard time taking them out, so for them to be able to survive T-weapons like that is way too overpowered, in my opinion.

Horseshoe sounds gucci, but may be overpowered if combined with a detective's grapple hook. They'd practically be able to fly and land where they please, especially if provided with a health station nearby.

I've had Hermes Boots before as a traitor and it was fantastically OP. The most fun I've had just running around with a shitgun, shooting the shit out of everyone.