Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have been asked to fill out a staff APP
(10-25-2019, 10:21 AM)Gabe Wrote: Seeing that I am just now returning from inactivity and cannot vote yet, I'm just going to comment instead. I won't be commenting on in-game things since that wouldn't be fair. The one thing that is really missing from this applicant is effort into the application, and engagement outside of the server. Being a part of this community means much more than just playing on the server. If you want to hold a position of power on a server you have to be mildly involved in the other aspects of the community so people recognize you. As of right now, I don't think that is the case. I'm going to reply to some things here.

(10-25-2019, 01:29 AM)Christian Wrote: Gonna be honest here, I don't really think you put a lot of effort into your application. As this is also your first forum post, I think you should get a little bit more involved here on the forums before you apply for the Staff Position. Try making some Ban Requests on rulebreakers if Staff are not present, that'll help you stand out more.

I put effort into this, this is how I know Staff Apps from when I was an owner. We preferred them short because we got a lot of applicatons and read through every one of them.

I beg to differ. I see no effort put into this application. All I see is basic responses that don't answer three key questions: So what, anyone can do that? What makes you stand out from everyone else? What can you bring to the table that others can't? While I agree to an extent that short and concise applications are nice, they must at least have some effort put into to make it seem like the person cares. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but those that tend to put low effort into things like applications can tend to put low effort into handling situations. If that's not the case then it can give a distinctive perception that the person doesn't care enough. Again, I haven't engaged with you too much in the server so I'm not going to comment anymore on that part.

As for the forum posts; normally by the time i feel a ban request is warranted, someone else is working on one or a staff member has joined.

Seeing that as you just joined the forums, forums posts just aren't about ban requests, and if someone alright got to it that's alright, it happens and we understand that. It's also about engaging with the community on suggestion threads, fun threads, unban/staff apps, whatever else there is. Again, community engagement is a big factor for me and I don't see a lot of that here. I suggest you make an intro thread so we get to know you, spend some time on the fourms, and engage more.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 09:40 AM){PREQ}➹ArsonMax | Max Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: -1 you spent more time copying gametracker links than on making the application. No idea who you are and apparently no activity within the community. I would suggest some activity here or in discord so people know who you are.

Gonna be honest here, I had no idea what gametracker was before last night, but a friend helped me out on that cause I couldnt remember what year I first joined.

I basically agree with everything matt said here as I pretty much regurgitated it earlier. I'm not going to comment on the not knowing gametracker....

I am semi-active of the discord under "Arson Oobleck", however I read more than I write.
Again, community engagement. Perhaps interacting more with it is a good start.

And for a point of semantics, it takes longer to write what I wrote than to Copy a link.

Not much longer if anything.... but this goes back to my previous comment on effort. It's missing answers to key questions and the answers you provided are so basic that anyone can say that.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 09:30 AM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)Meeemo Wrote: Going to have to be a neutral since i havent ever seen you use your donor power to assist staff and this is your 1st post on the forums

He has helped me many times at night, monitoring dead chat while I can not cause I am only staff on and am alive.

^What she said. 
I try to help as much as I can; The problem is that it seems some staffers dislike donors using donor powers when there is a staff member on, so I try to weave my way around those preferences.

Again, not touching the area of in-game. But as for the last part, yes some staff do dislike it but it isn't something that is against the rules. Donors CAN use their powers to assist staff when appropiate and are being used properly. A perfect example is when only one staff member is online and is alive and you are dead, then if someone is spamming or something you can mute them and notify the staff in Adminchat of the problem.

~Arson~

TLDR; I would vote -1 on this application and would want you to apply next month when you sure more engagement in the community and more effort into the application. But my vote is non-binding at the moment, just stating my thoughts.

Lot of good points in here.

I do think the argument could be made that though my original post may be lacking, the fact that I've taken the time to reply to all of the above responses does show that I have put effort into this App, albeit in the wrong way.  It's entirely possible that this application was lacking becuause for some reason, I decided to do this at 04:00, and was very sleep deprived.

Additionally, I appreciate the fact that you are abstaining from judging my character due to an absence of mutual palytime.

I'll attempt to adequately answer the points you made more evident in this;

three key questions:

So what, anyone can do that?
I have no idea what this question is asking, I'm sorry.

What makes you stand out from everyone else?
As I have said multiple times, I have a lot of experience as TTT staff. I started in Paradox as a guest, and worked my way all the way up the list to owner through good morals, a strong will, and dedication to the goal of making my server a better place.

If you want character witnesses, theyre already in the server. 
Donors Shiny and Clinux were both on my staff In Paradox.

What can you bring to the table that others can't? 
I have a strong knowledge already of what it is like to be a staff member, as well as the commands and tools. 
With ~6~ years of experience beig a TTT staffer, I know every vanilla command, as well as how to handle a Plethra of situations, player based and server based, Including, But not limited to;
 Spam, Mic Spam, Various & Excessive Profanity, ARDM, RDM, Mass RDM, Planned/Calculated RDM, Ghosting, Exploiting, Hacking, Alt ACCT Avoiding, Rank changes, Server Hacks, DDOS. 

Community Engagemnet- Forum Posts
I can understand why being inactive on the forums may be less than ideal, however I don't thik that in and of itself should be a disqualifying factor, and I'm not just saying that because I am applying. Trusted seems to be a Pre-Tmod trial run on Dink's so I'd think that a player who is otherwise qualified (as the staff team sees fit) should be able to achieve rank, with the stipulation that they then become and continue to be active on these platforms. This is simply how I feel on the subject, not an attempt to tell you how to run the servers. 

Gametracker Links
I thought that gametracker was so cool, and I figured it would make things easier on you guys if I just posted the URLs with all of my info.
My appologies

(My old server never used gametracker, thats why I didnt know what it was previously)

Community Engagement- Discord
Again, while I think extra-server engagement is a good thing to have, I do not think a reduced amount of it should in and of itself be a disqualifier. That being said, I have picked up in activity on here.

"Semantics"
This was a dumb comment that I thought was kinda funny, shouldn't have been in my App, or in responses on my app. My appologies for making this confusing.

Helping out and Donor powers
Again, thank you for not commenting on a subject you have not experienced with me. As for the donor powers, I have had a staff member tell me to just flat out not use Donor powers when staff are on. I thought this sounded wrong, but didnt want to go directly against someone. Could I recommend that there be a guide list containing guidelines, rules, and suggestions that be sent to players when they donate?

Thank you for all of your inputs

~Arson~

Sorry about the length!
Max is a good guy and every time I have been on with him he has been helpful. This thread was unfortunate in how it turned out..... but there are some good points made. Right now I'm going to -1 because activity on the forums is important for a potential staff member and this was really your first engagement in this forum. I just want to repeat that on the server Max has exemplified the behavior that I think makes a good staff member.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
Gonna have to -1 for now. Everything has already been covered basically (effort, forum activity, etc), As far as gameplay goes, I have never had any issues with you and you do seem like a chill dude.
For future apps (Whether it be another trusted app or a tmod app), I have a few recommendations as far as creating it goes:
-For your ingame name, put down the names normally and insert the gametracker links with hyperlinks
-For availibility, its good to put a range of times you can get on and to include your timezone
-Look at accepted staff apps for examples of what to put on your application

(10-25-2019, 12:33 PM){PREQ}➹ArsonMax | Max Wrote: What can you bring to the table that others can't?
I have a strong knowledge already of what it is like to be a staff member, as well as the commands and tools. 
With ~6~ years of experience beig a TTT staffer, I know every vanilla command, as well as how to handle a Plethra of situations, player based and server based, Including, But not limited to;
 Spam, Mic Spam, Various & Excessive Profanity, ARDM, RDM, Mass RDM, Planned/Calculated RDM, Ghosting, Exploiting, Hacking, Alt ACCT Avoiding, Rank changes, Server Hacks, DDOS. 
Its very good to have these skills, but just make sure you know the difference in rules between the servers.

Helping out and Donor powers
Again, thank you for not commenting on a subject you have not experienced with me. As for the donor powers, I have had a staff member tell me to just flat out not use Donor powers when staff are on. I thought this sounded wrong, but didnt want to go directly against someone. Could I recommend that there be a guide list containing guidelines, rules, and suggestions that be sent to players when they donate?
There are guidelines here
Your application has been denied, but please don't be discouraged. We would like to see some more involvement with the community here in the forums and in discord. Also, a little bit more effort into your future applications. I suggest reading some of the approved applications here for some good examples.

You may reapply on 11/26/2019.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊