Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice Chat Battery
(12-11-2019, 04:49 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 04:37 PM)>Evee< Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 05:20 PM)Noire ♜ Wrote: We need to have voice chat batteries to reduce everyone speaking over each other and to limit micspam a bit more.

Donors/Staff can have unlimited battery, maybe even regulars, everyone else has x amount of time to speak and then it recharges when you aren't speaking. The server is just a bit too loud when there are 16+ people on talking at the same time.

heck, maybe we could activate voice battery when the server exceeds 16 people. Who knows, all I know is that we need it.

I've played on a server with voice chat battery, and unless the amount of time you have to speak is adjustable I don't recommend it because it lasts a whole 5 seconds and takes 10 to recharge and is very annoying.

(12-11-2019, 04:21 PM)[GFL] Bae Wrote: Hell no. Since I don't see an admin denying or locking it so I presume it's still open. I don't want to go back to enjin days. I mean there's always donors and higher on. If people are mic spammings or you think they're just talking nonsense, just warn and gag them. If you feel that they might report you for it, record a demo or use recording software to protect your abuse.

the problem isn't really mic spamming it's just too many people talking over each other and it can be confusing  :P

This. We don't like to gag people for just having a conversation. Sometimes when there are a lot of people talking it gets loud. It's not people going out of their way to make it loud, it just happens. Then if we do gag for it, people get angry and complain. It's not just as easy as gagging loud people. Nearly every voice battery addon can be changed to only activate only when there are a certain amount of people on/changed the amount of time you can speak/amount of time it takes to recharge. I'm not stronly advocating for it, as we really don't need it, but this is from a staff member's perspective that doesn't like gagging people just because they're talking.

In this case its a +1 from me (w infinite donor/staff battery if possible)
Cool
(12-01-2019, 05:26 PM)Near Wrote: +1 so dumbos don't just ramble for like 5 minutes straight like one dude did about turkeys and eggs yesterday

But i think we are missing the important thing which is Christmas crates
mic spammers run the server
(12-12-2019, 12:29 AM)sal Wrote: mic spammers run the server

without the toxicity, it wont be alive
This was a thing once before and it really didn't do much good. Granted, it was ages ago before my hiatus began, but I don't think my opinion on it has changed. It's a great idea on paper, but not great in practice. Like what was said before, be a bit more liberal with the gags and all should straighten itself out. 32 idiots on a server is going to be loud battery or not. There's really no reason for someone to talk for 5 minutes straight unless it's staff handling a situation.

If my vote counts, it's a no from me.
TAFKAAB
+1 from me (donors and staff having unlimited, ofc)
Cool
(12-14-2019, 08:29 PM)>Evee< Wrote: +1 from me (donors and staff having unlimited, ofc)

DONOR MEMBERSHIP INCREASES BY 1000%
(12-14-2019, 09:01 PM)Inferno Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 08:29 PM)>Evee< Wrote: +1 from me (donors and staff having unlimited, ofc)

DONOR MEMBERSHIP INCREASES BY 1000%

The server could use more donors anyways
Cool