Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train Trusted players better
When I first started playing I got slain for having DNA on an unid'd body. My answer to the report was snarky, but it says if they have DNA, and rather than checking logs, it was assumed I did just randomly kill someone from my reply. Didn't even check logs smh. The fault was split 40/60. meme.
(12-22-2019, 11:33 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 11:17 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: So, to reiterate, you went out of your way to be twat because "ha lol is funny joke eksdee" while openly stating the Trusteds are utter trash basicly. While I have faith in the Mods ability to train folks it is genuinely in their best interest to ALLOW them to make mistakes. As long as said mistakes are not exceptionally big, I believe they should be able to make them. As that is, if you ask me, the best way to learn.

From the example given I can tell that Mr. Porky went out of his way to ask a Moderator to assist him with assessing this particular situation, wich in and of itself shows that he's either feeling lightly uncomfortable dealing with reports or uncomfortable dealing with reports that are fully situational and require good insight of several events prior to the reason of the report. I am not going to assume anything. I applaud that he understood that he might want a hand and ask for help, definitely a good way to go, as a good way of learning is also the monkey see monkey do approach (Not trying to be a cunt, at the time of writing cant think of a better metaphor).

This leaves out one of the bigger factors. The Human ability to randomly decide to fail at a task. Faults are unpreventable. Mistakes happen, and it is always. ALWAYS in the best interest of parties to make reports of these. Understand that the word abuse is thrown about quite heavily, but a post on that subforum means nothing more then "Hey, I do not agree with the actions taken by X, can this be reviewed please." and I implore anyone, to not stop posting these, with the appropriate amount of evidence for their case so that either it can be proven that the actions taken by X were appropriate, or not. So that if they were indeed inappropriate they can be talked to, or when they were appropriate then can understand and move on.

The one thing that has no reason here, is the flaming of people here. Even if you think its a funny joke, others might not take it like that. Especially if you make a thread on them (Basicly) like this.

He may have been heated when he was posting but his point's and arguments are quite clearly spoken. He never wrote the word abuse anywhere, and if he was to write it in the abuse sub-forum, it most defintely would have came off as one. You start off your paragraph with calling him a twat. Also saying he's calling people utter trash? Now your just making stuff up to further push your toxic reply.
This is like the least toxic post in this thread
(12-23-2019, 12:59 AM)ChokeMeGrandpa Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 11:17 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: So, to reiterate, you went out of your way to be twat because "ha lol is funny joke eksdee" while openly stating the Trusteds are utter trash basicly. While I have faith in the Mods ability to train folks it is genuinely in their best interest to ALLOW them to make mistakes. As long as said mistakes are not exceptionally big, I believe they should be able to make them. As that is, if you ask me, the best way to learn.

From the example given I can tell that Mr. Porky went out of his way to ask a Moderator to assist him with assessing this particular situation, wich in and of itself shows that he's either feeling lightly uncomfortable dealing with reports or uncomfortable dealing with reports that are fully situational and require good insight of several events prior to the reason of the report. I am not going to assume anything. I applaud that he understood that he might want a hand and ask for help, definitely a good way to go, as a good way of learning is also the monkey see monkey do approach (Not trying to be a cunt, at the time of writing cant think of a better metaphor).

This leaves out one of the bigger factors. The Human ability to randomly decide to fail at a task. Faults are unpreventable. Mistakes happen, and it is always. ALWAYS in the best interest of parties to make reports of these. Understand that the word abuse is thrown about quite heavily, but a post on that subforum means nothing more then "Hey, I do not agree with the actions taken by X, can this be reviewed please." and I implore anyone, to not stop posting these, with the appropriate amount of evidence for their case so that either it can be proven that the actions taken by X were appropriate, or not. So that if they were indeed inappropriate they can be talked to, or when they were appropriate then can understand and move on.

The one thing that has no reason here, is the flaming of people here. Even if you think its a funny joke, others might not take it like that. Especially if you make a thread on them (Basicly) like this.

He may have been heated when he was posting but his point's and arguments are quite clearly spoken. He never wrote the word abuse anywhere, and if he was to write it in the abuse sub-forum, it most defintely would have came off as one. You start off your paragraph with calling him a twat. Also saying he's calling people utter trash? Now your just making stuff up to further push your toxic reply.

When you call  someone a twat then put words in his mouth he diden't say, thats the definition of toxic. Yea he said  some positive things too, but don't start your paragraph with insults and putting false words into someones post.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(12-23-2019, 01:25 AM)SNAK Wrote:
(12-23-2019, 12:59 AM)ChokeMeGrandpa Wrote:

When you call  someone a twat then put words in his mouth he diden't say, thats the definition of toxic. Yea he said  some positive things too, but don't start your paragraph with insults and putting false words into someones post.

Thanks, chief. I've never met or talked with SNAK for anyone wondering, but he seems like a swell guy. I've scanned through some forums and threads of people making legitimate abuse threads and it seems that what this community seems to share is unity. Although that's a great thing, it's awful in these situations. People who point out flaws are drowned out by members of the community insulting them or by implying that the community is great and saying that XXXX did nothing wrong and handled everything correctly. It comes with age and maturity, and that's to be expected in a gaming community where the average age is undoubtedly a few years under 18.
(12-23-2019, 01:31 AM).ceebeast Wrote: Thanks, chief. I've never met or talked with SNAK for anyone wondering, but he seems like a swell guy. I've scanned through some forums and threads of people making legitimate abuse threads and it seems that what this community seems to share is unity. Although that's a great thing, it's awful in these situations. People who point out flaws are drowned out by members of the community insulting them or by implying that the community is great and saying that XXXX did nothing wrong and handled everything correctly. It comes with age and maturity, and that's to be expected in a gaming community where the average age is undoubtedly a few years under 18.

Maturity is a forever ongoing process, and with it comes wiseness. Unfortunately, the only way we can further this process is through making mistakes and learning from them. Not everybody will get to that second step. Having an on average younger community as you said, while not completely true, does give an explanation as to why an abnormal amount of mistakes seem to be made here. 

or something like that idk im tired
Aight aight, I'll explain what I meant with each paragraph then.

1st paragraph, quite less seriously toned, meant to call him out for his quite redicilous "Joke" callouts on specific people, if the tone of the post is serious, the entire thing tends to get taken seriously. Not a lot of room for such type of jokes huh? Although I will agree the quote of me stating that the Trusteds were "Utter Trash" was actually over the top, and the callout of that one was fair.

The second paragraph, was an assessment of the situation described, while adding in how I think it went down.

Third paragraph, I never specificly mentioned that the OP said it was abuse. I merely questioned during writing that why there are little to no active abuse reports if the Trusteds are so slay happy, as it comes off to me as they also occasionally slay unjust. The main reason I could think of was that people think a mistake is not malicious abuse, therefore not going to write an abuse report that makes it sound the slay was added with malicious intent. So I tried defusing "Abuse" and promote the idea of posting there if people making posts there if they think they've been wronged by either Donors, all the way to the admins use of commands/powers.

Last bit was a closing statement with a second time writing how untastefull I find it to call out people like it was done in the original post. Mind you, as this was written pretty much as a abuse report but not in the correct sub forum, I decided to tackle this AS an abuse report. Make of it what you want, but I fail to see how I was much more toxic then the original poster.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(12-22-2019, 10:41 PM)Hani Wrote: I'd like to reiterate this one time, please be mindful that this is a public forum where everyone is allowed to participate in. Everyone has their own perspective and perception on how things are being said and handled. 

As mentioned before, let's not stray any further and get into any further hostility / toxicity.

It appears some of you need to read this. Again.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-23-2019, 12:20 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 10:41 PM)Hani Wrote: I'd like to reiterate this one time, please be mindful that this is a public forum where everyone is allowed to participate in. Everyone has their own perspective and perception on how things are being said and handled. 

As mentioned before, let's not stray any further and get into any further hostility / toxicity.

It appears some of you need to read this. Again.

All I'm saying is if that was me, I would've been banned again
Stop straying from the main point. Stop talking shit about what I said or how I said it and understand the general message. I never stated anyone is a bad staff member, nor am I reporting abuse. I outlined a specific situation as an example. Staff members need to be better trained and monitored as the quality of moderation has severely declined in my opinion. There are other members in this thread that also agree, and it should be addressed. If you have anything of substance to add, feel free to add, don't make pointless posts on this thread that don't contribute to the conversation.
[Image: cover1.jpg]
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member