Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(04-29-2024, 04:01 PM)Deer-ly Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 03:47 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 03:43 PM)Deer-ly Wrote: this is the exact kind of doom posting that solves everything
Maybe the old community I used to co-own gave me low expectations after its collapse over some bullshit but sometimes I’m amazed at what this place has survived. Remains to be seen here, but I have yet to see much of any useful reconciliation so far.
is there any reconciling in the first place? If everyone wants to keep saying its the end then they themselves can personally walk away feeling as if they accomplished something by leaving. 
Same with just making new servers, it solves nothing. It should hav ebeen learned by now that trying to kickstart your own communities off the backs of others doesn't save the communities as a whole. Only when everyone leaves will it be so jover, If we the players continue to stop trying new players won't try at all. 

Reguardless of all this "drama farming" when it seems to really still kinda jsut be noire posting another dramaesk thread. I still enjoy playing on the servers because thats what i care about. THE GAME not the blame game that it feels like people are trying to play. I remember people saying that I just wanted staff so bad thats why i was playing on the "dead servers". I still play dr today but mostly by myself now, I still played murder before I lost my motivation for gmod. I loved those gamemodes and I still do. Things like garry's ware may not come back and it may be hard to bring back most dead gamemodes. One of the biggest things being servers running those games. 

I come back and all I see is complaints about drama farming. MF I am here to kill you enough times that you call me something incentive so i can respond with get good. Not so you can ask me, "bro did you see this thread?" "did you just see what x posted?". 

[Image: image_f889fa4a-9218-4f9f-b009-ad40c3136d...1696963623]
I think part of it is so many have a unique or longstanding attachment and nobody wants to see it collapse. I for one don’t want it to. I think it’ll stay if some people stick around, but for myself I don’t see a way where everyone would ever be satisfied in the end if the community survives or not. And I feel sorry for your specific case that shit hit the fan coinciding with your return, because after all of that panned out it would have been nice for you to come back to things being fun and in relative order instead of dysfunction
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(04-29-2024, 03:10 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: While Dinks has had big fights in the past resulting in a lot of players leaving, the game was still popular enough in the past to where new players would come in at a steady rate. With that no longer being the case, who knows what will happen when whatever comes of this is settled.

Definitely agree, bad drama usually causes a chunk of regulars to leave and puts a dent in staff, but new regulars took their place in a few months and then it was business as usual. These days though gmod in its dying phases as a game and random players that eventually become regulars are way harder to come by, especially with TTT's availability issues recently. It's important now more than ever to coast along and keep the regulars we have together. If only anyone else understood that.
it's a shame the staff who resigned were the good staff i think
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
I know I have kinda stepped away, but for anyone that is looking for ways to solve the drama surrounding the community or simply find a better environment for themselves I would like to offer some advice.

First I would take a look at this and do some research: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karpman_dr...y_movement

Offers some good insight into the dynamics that perpetuate these scenarios that seem to plague dinks. I have also linked it before, albeit in a bit more of a condescending tone. So I understand if people were not receptive to it at the time. However I hope that people are willing to look at it and maybe do some self reflection. I know I have, thankfully.

If you want a tldr to what that Wikipedia page says the solution is. It pretty much boils down to personal vulnerability, unbiased empathy and understanding personal boundaries.

I am not going to pretend to really understand the entire history surrounding Dinks for as long as its been around or all of its problems, but I do know that the problems seem to extend beyond interpersonal. I definitely think it would be worth it for everyone to work on themselves and their emotional health, i.e. having their metaphorical ducks in order before engaging on here. Alternatively making sure that dinks is not a major/sole form of social interaction, this is not to shame anyone that does this, I just genuinely think that it is unhealthy to do so. The internet as a whole can be a pretty unforgiving place, and if not addressed properly can leave some mental scarring which spirals into even more unhealthy habits and thought patterns.

We all definitely need some forgiveness every once and a while, and I hope everyone here can seek to do so. If it seems to be the case that it can't I would encourage people to cut their losses. As much as I loved hanging with many people from this community the past year, it is not healthy nor obligatory for you to sacrifice yourself for people that do not want to change.

I do hope this server can make a comeback, I probably won't be here to see it. However, I wish you all the best and hope that you can find a healthier form of community!
i think maybe the big thing that's causing this current event is the misogyny problem that plagues this server and the gaming community!!
[Image: fBz8ezO.png]   
(04-29-2024, 04:26 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:01 PM)Deer-ly Wrote: snips
[Image: image_f889fa4a-9218-4f9f-b009-ad40c3136d...1696963623]
I think part of it is so many have a unique or longstanding attachment and nobody wants to see it collapse. I for one don’t want it to. I think it’ll stay if some people stick around, but for myself I don’t see a way where everyone would ever be satisfied in the end if the community survives or not. And I feel sorry for your specific case that shit hit the fan coinciding with your return, because after all of that panned out it would have been nice for you to come back to things being fun and in relative order instead of dysfunction

yeah exactly, im sure you know how hard it is to find a normal inventory ttt that isn't moderated by the jackass film crew. 
We have never been able to "satfisfy" everyone and thats just not possible. Everyone will have their dislikes an likes its a constant. But people such as Phil just constantly doomposting about the server how its bad and drama filled is genuinely annoying. Havign the sentament repeated to me about "can't believe you wanted to come back-". As i stated it was for my mental health not "being back" if I wanted to be back I'd start hardassing about my dr-tmod rank not being in discord. Immedietly start pushing again for the original changes i wanted. But I litterally do not care. I want to play and enjoy the game without the players trying to bog it down for me and other players. I shouldn't see my old friends return to immedietly get blasted with venting old drama vs new drama through a wringer.
:( image broke
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
There is always hope.
(04-29-2024, 02:54 PM)Syn Wrote: Anyone know how Dinklebergs could possibly recover from this? I sure don’t, looking forward to seeing some of yall on different TTT servers in the future!!
[Image: sYirFLL.jpeg]

We will never recover.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
(04-29-2024, 06:55 PM)TDawg4 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 02:54 PM)Syn Wrote: Anyone know how Dinklebergs could possibly recover from this? I sure don’t, looking forward to seeing some of yall on different TTT servers in the future!!
We will never recover.

[Image: p3cwp6nvf6xb1.jpg]