Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSBM Tournament
Want to do a Melee tournament via Slippi (https://slippi.gg/)

I'd prefer everyone is able to stream the matches in the discord but if a few games aren't shown its not a big deal. I will need every match played to be sent to me as well (there's a way in Slippi to save replays, no biggie, once they're too me they can be deleted)

For seeding, I'd want everyone to play at least 10 ranked games just so I can seed it properly. This could take awhile but the more played the more accurate the better it's seeded. 

First place gets 75 monies (gift cards fuck taxes), second gets 50, last gets 25 under the condition that I have more than 16 participants from Dinks

For the when I really just need a basis in how long it would take everyone to prepare first

I should retype this more excitingly when I'm home but
Mobile moment
I'm interested
My kirby down b is unmatched
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Oh and we're just going to use the default tournament rules in case anyone is unfamiliar, link below. This means no items and a only 6 stages are in the rotation. I'm not even sure if slippi can do more than that, but still worth mentioning. These are the ranked slippi rules you'll be mostly adhering to anyway (at least with things they can easily control)

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Tournament_rulesets_(SSBM)
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Rand would you mind giving a little bit more info about how this would work on the tech side? I've played a lot of SSB's, but I've never done online so I'm not sure how that works or if I need to use my switch, etc.
(05-13-2024, 12:26 PM)chelllman Wrote: Rand would you mind giving a little bit more info about how this would work on the tech side? I've played a lot of SSB's, but I've never done online so I'm not sure how that works or if I need to use my switch, etc.

So Slippi has the launcher, game, and Dophin (emulator) all bundled on it, so you'd just make a slippi account and download the launcher, setup instructions are pretty easy on their website. Basically just get a controller that you're able to connect to your PC and then you're all set for Melee.

-courtesy of milk(2)
: (

-courtesy of milk(2)