Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
by banning these people you have effectively solved absolutely nothing. toxicity will still rain supreme, it's a goddamn garry's mod server
[Image: giphy.gif]
I’m honestly surprised I wasn’t included in this even though I’ve done nothing wrong. As much as I used to respect you all, this was a horrible call. TDawg never gets on anymore, and if he does it’s to play CSGO. Also, Laced and Wild were probably two of your most dedicated staff members, ever. Like Admiral said, nothing is solved and toxicity is still going to reign supreme
(08-25-2019, 01:43 AM)WILD Wrote: [Also something to note: I plan to keep tabs on admins activity once again. For those admins who do not maintain 10 hours per 2 weeks on the server, they will be moved to the "inactive admin" rank and will not be allowed to cast votes on apps, unban requests, etc. This is because these opinions of players should be formed by their activity on the server primarily.]. You know who you are. Maybe actually have great friendships and relations with your members of the server, and you won't have issues. Managers are suppose to help check up and assist their employees, isn't that was Admins - Owners suppose to do?
Couldn’t have said it better myself

Always thought this is one of the biggest issues, Inactive/less active upper staff. Actually I’m surprised the community is still this alive without an active upper staff. 

(08-25-2019, 04:02 AM)Old Man Voss Wrote:
What you've now done is created a fear for other players that they can't speak negatively about Dink or the server. Honestly, there's plenty of bad things about the server. Why? It's run by humans and they make mistakes and have not only good personalities but piss poor personalities too. 

Going ENTIRELY off what is presented here, I believe this situation was handled wrong.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what each person has done is/was right. 
What I'm saying is that this whole situation could've been prevented or handled on a lower level.
^

(08-25-2019, 06:05 AM)Summer Wrote: This is going to drive away people because what you’ve done is basically take away the basics of Dink’s. There has always been drama, always. There still will be drama after this is done, in fact this is even causing drama because of who and what was done. That one post rits did was a defense post on a person. It’s what happens here.

Basically what I’m trying to say is this. If you’re going to community ban people based on drama starting... you better ban everyone in this post too. They’re slightly starting drama now, so you gotta ban them, including me.
Actually this community is one of the most trolling community I have been part of lol. Which is fine cuz this is Gmod. I aswell feel like this decision is kinda taking away the basics of Dink’s (based on what is shown here.). Should I be scared that the next time when I call someone gay on the server, I will be banned? I surely hope the community won’t stay in the downwards stream like it is lately.

I wanted to say more regarding what I think is wrong but it’s no use anyway nor is this the topic for that.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
If I’m being real, now I feel like I will receive a demotion if I say the wrong thing, no matter what discord I’m in.

I think if comments are made in another discord, it shouldn’t be under dinklebergs servers discretion just because he doesn’t like what they’re saying.
It’s like if I RDM someone on moat, is a Dinkleberg staff member going to handle it? No cause that’s not our server.

Long story short, I have full complete understanding why you would be concerned with these comments, but this punishment was way too harsh. A warning should have been given. And if one was given then this should’ve been a temp ban of no more than a week.

Also take into consideration who this post is coming from.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
I leave for a couple weekends to play some css and the night I come back this happens. Nice. Anyways it was really nice playing with y’all, I’d still like to see more evidence that isn’t based on someone’s else’s discord where were able to speak our minds freely. But yeah, rip it was fun playing gmod with y’all and I hope to still play other games with y’all too.
While what the accused have done deserve attention and a form of action taken to address it, I feel as if the entire situation was blown out of proportion and severely mishandled. Some of the accused are friends, some I couldn't give a shit about, and others I frankly do not know well enough to call anything. I've been an active and frequent member of this server since the Summer of 2018, so I've personally witnessed somethings, but there are many unknown dramas and events I have missed. In my eyes, this situation was severely mishandled.

Yes punishment was needed. Day/week/month like drama constantly being brought up is absolutely unnecessary. We are a bunch of teenagers and young adults in their early to mid-twenties, which are infamous for pointless dramas. Even so, we are a bunch of individuals that have our own lives. There is no need to harass and pester individuals that go against your opinion, blocking exists for a reason. (This is to the accused)

Some of the evidence I observed was the personal opinion of individuals in a discord separate from Dinkleberg's. Why are we banning people for badtalking others or their own servers? I understand if they were planning to harass individuals or Dink's from the discord, but what I was seeing was genuine opinions. This is not the world of 1984. Thought crimes don't exist. This isn't Brave New World, where being a dissident causes you to be exiled from the community. I can and WILL bring up what I find as mistakes and mishandling by any staff: admins, owner, and myself included.  (This is to our own community)    

As you said, there is a bunch of evidence that cannot be shown. Considering the severity of the punishment, I find the evidence lacking. A permanent community ban, regardless of the possibility of appeal, is NOT the proper punishment. Demotion for the staff and a temporary ban would have been acceptable, as they had been committing actions opposite of what staff and player conduct should be conducting. I have school starting next week, meaning my activity will plummet for months at a time until I get a break. I do not want to come back to a community that will ban for opinions, because I will leave if that is the case.

Overall, I find that this is not what we should strive for when it comes to the Dinkleberg community. The amount of active admins and staff in general that we have are already wanting. Some of the message that we are sending is positive: We will not tolerate harassment and the intentional action of causing others to feel isolated and unwanted. It has no place here, but the rest of the message is negative: We will not tolerate the personal badmouthing of others on this server. If you continuously disrespect the actions of staff, including the owner on even your OWN PERSONAL discord or community, you will be banned. You will be subordinate or you will be banned.

There is much more I would like to say, and in a better manner, but I am only a 17 year old playing on a gaming server where you kill terrorists as a terrorist, forgive me.

*I mentioned personal discords and opinions a bunch, even though they weren't the entirety of evidence. I did this because it shouldn't even be evidence. Yes it shows the ever present  toxicity and the temperament of the community of the accused, but we have absolutely no right to ban them for actions in other servers as long as it doesn't involve the planning of future harassment.*
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I also would like to point out that the “are never wrong” hyperlink is directed to something I said, which wasn’t wrong, it was 100% factual. This is honestly such a trash call. I’ve been here for over a year and you’ve pushed me to never want to come back. While you all may have thought this was reasonable, you’ve essentially wiped out some of the good in this server. Before you involve me in this bullshit group, just know I haven’t even hardly been on discord or talking to anyone from here anymore
@dong

pretty sure it was referring to halfdemon
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(08-25-2019, 09:43 AM)DRaider Hanks Wrote: @dong

pretty sure it was referring to halfdemon
It was a screenshot of HalfDemon replying to me when I was explaining the entire harassment situation
Tbh I’ve got too much going on today to write a speech on how wrong this is. I’m extremely disappointed that this is all it takes for a community ban now. But other situations take a mountain to demote, or we can’t ban them, or they can get away with it because they’ve been here so long. If this truly was done by all of the admins, then I’m let down because I thought better of some of you. Hell some of this is just personal discords and expressing their opinion outside of dinks. And some of the people had no talk, no warning. I remember when we had to do that as admins. In fact I remember the same group insisting we had to. But hey, scoovie was the biased admin am I right?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon