Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular Map Testing day?
I had an idea while browsing this thread; 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...mendations
And thought it might be a good idea to dedicate one day (a month?) or so to testing out potential maps with large groups in order to see how they play, test lag, etc. As @Foxka ever so politely mentioned, maps don’t get appropriate play testing before being put into mainstream rotation, so I thought this might be a fun idea to both present new maps, provide some variety, and test future maps all in one go. 

You could have someone with map change privileges rotate through candidate maps during semi-peak hours (once a month?) in order to have a realistic play test. 

Thoughts? I’m not sure how possible this would be, but I’ve been on other source game servers that do this with great success. (Mostly TF2). Additional bonus is that it’s easier to have map makers have their stuff tested/featured for the server (personal bias speaking), I’m sure @Hillrop and others would agree. 

One could even go so far as to designate an admin to these regular tests.

Just an idea, thoughts?

EDIT: Typos everywhere. Posting on mobile is a mess.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

YES YES YES!! I really would love to have this to stress test my maps. They felt fine during testing but when theres 30 people on the server it slows to a crawl.

My Maps
been here since September 2016