Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New map vote system
So a problem with PH is that people vote for the same exact maps over and over. Mostly kids who saw that vanoss or something played it and feel inclined to think that its good just because he played it. Its been a problem for a while. So, I found an addon to change the map voting system to something more refined.
MapVote - Fretta-like Map Voting
This plugin has multiple integrations that help control how maps are voted in and what maps are displayed under certain conditions, like the TTT map rotation. The main thing is the map cooldown, which prevents a map that was just played from being displayed on the vote menu for 30 minutes or so.
If this is configured correctly, this can broaden the map horizon and reduce voting on overplayed maps.
It's called fretta-like, because its derived from the fretta mapvote in prophunt. Pretty sure most of those features are built into prophunt.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
We do need a new voting system.. The same 3 maps over and over are making people leave... +1
@"[Red]Starky" If you'd like, I can have Dink up the cooldown between maps in the voting system. TTT has it set to 8 and we find that to be a healthy number.
(02-04-2017, 03:49 PM)Mr_Rippe, Prince W/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: @"[Red]Starky" If you'd like, I can have Dink up the cooldown between maps in the voting system. TTT has it set to 8 and we find that to be a healthy number.

Not sure if map cooldown is integrated into ph map votes but if it is, by all means.
(02-04-2017, 04:42 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 03:49 PM)Mr_Rippe, Prince W/ 1000 Enemies Wrote: @"[Red]Starky" If you'd like, I can have Dink up the cooldown between maps in the voting system. TTT has it set to 8 and we find that to be a healthy number.

Not sure if map cooldown is integrated into ph map votes but if it is, by all means.

I will look into it. No promises, though.