Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff abuse report on the Admins
While I do disagree with your app being denied. I don't think this is the answer. It just another thread that's not going to go anywhere. Anyway I'll keep try to this short
1) Rotating admins won't work we have literally 1 mid who i would be comfortable being moved to admin

2) denial isn't abuse imo it just proves out of touch again unless they have something we haven't seen posted.

3)Ngl i agree with laced consistency of the standard regarding the joking use power we all know it has been out of hand even the admins know which says something. I also dislike the constant joke rdmng that some staff will do with their friends. While I understand its a joke we still shouldn't be doing it because as staff we should lead by example.

4) why is it a problem that just admins rarely get on? We have mods that don't want to play, rarely get on a do to school, or irl things as well... IF they were active and participated in the community the tmod app committee i believe thinge could have went differently(not trying to single out mods we have an array of staff members mia due to school or not wanting to play gmod that often)

5) ultimately staffing this cesspool is volunteer work and i understand people who lead busy lives irl coming home tired and possibly stressed out not wanting to get jumped on for being a "girl gamer that used her tits and egirlness for power" or be harrassed about being a power hungry admin that was prolly bullied irl and takes it out on players on server.

6) why just put the admins why not put the rest of the committee? All i see is people jumping on the same people again and again and frankly it reminds me of the fish from spongebob that screams how many times are we going to have to teach you this old man. But hey these are just my opinions
[Image: J6yUs0g]
The committees were created as a form of control for lower staff after last year's community bans. In theory, it was a good idea. The execution has been questionable. I get not wanting to have 15 people voting for 1 person to become trusted. Waiting for everyone to respond would take forever. I feel like there should be a system in which the vote is open to everyone on staff for a specific period of time. Instead of having it a small group of people (some of which will be inactive), it should be open vote for a certain period of time for each applicant. This is just an idea and its a base design so it could be changed if it was made this way at all.

Also, I feel like this thread should be moved to like general discussion.
There are many topics that have valid points, but let’s not try to detail this thread too much. I’m going to attempt to moderate since it would be a conflict of interests for the TTT admins to do so. There will be a time and place for these topics. I am about to post a thread sometime tonight about the more general topic of staffing and expectations, so hold on to your thoughts. In the meantime, keep this thread specific to the topic supplied. It’s already going to be a long read for dink.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think the real issue here is there isn't a real voice / leader Upper Staff. This is something Dink has always struggled to do, which is why having a Co-Owner was useful. In the past, we have always had one present that was active. No disrespect to Juan, but it may be time to move on from him. I think the most obvious candidate to replace here is Gabe.

Personally, I believe he would be the most qualified out of the current Admin Team, to support and lead the community moving forward. As he has shown time after time how much of a leader he is. The catch here is how much power he be given? Hopefully, enough that is both comfortable for Dink to trust, and enough to help put the community back on track. 

As for the Inactives (as what I'd see 3+ Months of Inactivity; excluding Drew) they should be removed from the Staff Roster. And look I get it, people have lives, school, jobs,etc. But if you look at any decent community, almost every community removes inactive Staff. There are Staff here that still hold one of the many few things mentioned above, and still maintain activity. The Staff Team does need a cleanup, but not a complete purge. 

I also believe the Trusted rank should be retired, keeping the Staff Rank's as followed: Test Mod, Moderator, Admin, Co-Owner, Owner. My issue with Trusted is it's basically Test Mod, with extra steps. But don't get me wrong, this Rank is extremely useful for people whom have never Staffed before. But to me, I don't see this rank being necessary anymore.

Just some of my opinions to add.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-27-2020, 11:21 PM)Christian Wrote: I think the real issue here is there isn't a real voice / leader Upper Staff. This is something Dink has always struggled to do, which is why having a Co-Owner was useful. In the past, we have always had one present that was active. No disrespect to Juan, but it may be time to move on from him. I think the most obvious candidate to replace here is Gabe.

Personally, I believe he would be the most qualified out of the current Admin Team, to support and lead the community moving forward. As he has shown time after time how much of a leader he is. The catch here is how much power he be given? Hopefully, enough that is both comfortable for Dink to trust, and enough to help put the community back on track. 

As for the Inactives (as what I'd see 3+ Months of Inactivity; excluding Drew) they should be removed from the Staff Roster. And look I get it, people have lives, school, jobs,etc. But if you look at any decent community, almost every community removes inactive Staff. There are Staff here that still hold one of the many few things mentioned above, and still maintain activity. The Staff Team does need a cleanup, but not a complete purge. 

I also believe the Trusted rank should be retired, keeping the Staff Rank's as followed: Test Mod, Moderator, Admin, Co-Owner, Owner. My issue with Trusted is it's basically Test Mod, with extra steps. But don't get me wrong, this Rank is extremely useful for people whom have never Staffed before. But to me, I don't see this rank being necessary anymore.

Best post so far. All this situation needs is someone in charge to take lead and start making decisions, starting with removing the mass amount of completely inactive staff.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(01-27-2020, 11:05 PM)dong Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 10:58 PM)Cake Wrote: I will agree with specific points of what is in this thread. I do not see it as someone being salty that they did not get staff and is throwing a temper tantrum (granted it can be taken that way and i know some will take it that way) This does address a legitimate problem within the TTT community that will effect anyone that attempts to apply for staff or for promotion. 

Just to make this clear my response is not aimed at this specific instance with mrporkys app this is an over arching statement that I have been wanting to bring up to staff for about a month

It is not fair for someone to be denied because no one on the committee is active enough to reach the requirements set down by the higher staff or see the development of a community member during their time on server. You can say that mods and admins are active on forums and on discord but you do not normally get to see how people behave on server in vc or reports unless they are on server, granted you can look in relay but that can only do so much.
I know that admins and mods have lives outside of a video game and do not have the time or do not want to allocate time to the server or the development of the lower staff.  Everyone has a life outside of a 10+ year old game but that is besides the point. If something means enough to you a person will find a way to make time for it.

The system for which the staff apps are handled as of this moment is broken and there needs to be an alternative when situations like this occur as the server appears to be heading in a direction where this would become common practice. 

suggested solution: As we only have 2 or 3 active mods (including the new mod), change the committee be changed form the "trusted, tmod, mod" committees to a simple staff app committee or just do away with the staff app committees at least untill there are more active staff to where the committees could be split if it was something that people wanted to go back to 

I am not saying committees are a bad thing I think with set people volunteering to do things like training and suggestion's it makes people feel more involved and like their voice matters in the development of the server.

(maybe more to come this is just what i have off the top of my head atm)

I honestly think committees are a bad idea. Ideally the entire staff team should have a say in who they're bringing in. Within fraternities they have a black ball system that I can't go too much into detail about, but it is a fair way for the entire brotherhood (or staff team in this case) to vote on who they let in. If there are so many -1 among the staff then deny the application, if they are within reason to even -1 the person. They should also take into account the communities input on that specific player.

On ph due to having a significantly smaller staff team they'll take input from the entire team that's active which is only like 5 of em, but the results are ultimately left to the admins or dink himself. A problem i see with the faternity mentality idea is that it becomes one and we see people mass -1 or +1 apps because specific people don't like or want the applicant as staff. (Potentially worsening our existing clique issue)
(01-27-2020, 11:21 PM)Christian Wrote: I think the real issue here is there isn't a real voice / leader Upper Staff. This is something Dink has always struggled to do, which is why having a Co-Owner was useful. In the past, we have always had one present that was active. No disrespect to Juan, but it may be time to move on from him. I think the most obvious candidate to replace here is Gabe.

Trusted would be more useful if tmods could do actual bans like ph tmods
(01-27-2020, 11:28 PM)near Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 11:05 PM)dong Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 10:58 PM)Cake Wrote: I will agree with specific points of what is in this thread. I do not see it as someone being salty that they did not get staff and is throwing a temper tantrum (granted it can be taken that way and i know some will take it that way) This does address a legitimate problem within the TTT community that will effect anyone that attempts to apply for staff or for promotion. 

Just to make this clear my response is not aimed at this specific instance with mrporkys app this is an over arching statement that I have been wanting to bring up to staff for about a month

It is not fair for someone to be denied because no one on the committee is active enough to reach the requirements set down by the higher staff or see the development of a community member during their time on server. You can say that mods and admins are active on forums and on discord but you do not normally get to see how people behave on server in vc or reports unless they are on server, granted you can look in relay but that can only do so much.
I know that admins and mods have lives outside of a video game and do not have the time or do not want to allocate time to the server or the development of the lower staff.  Everyone has a life outside of a 10+ year old game but that is besides the point. If something means enough to you a person will find a way to make time for it.

The system for which the staff apps are handled as of this moment is broken and there needs to be an alternative when situations like this occur as the server appears to be heading in a direction where this would become common practice. 

suggested solution: As we only have 2 or 3 active mods (including the new mod), change the committee be changed form the "trusted, tmod, mod" committees to a simple staff app committee or just do away with the staff app committees at least untill there are more active staff to where the committees could be split if it was something that people wanted to go back to 

I am not saying committees are a bad thing I think with set people volunteering to do things like training and suggestion's it makes people feel more involved and like their voice matters in the development of the server.

(maybe more to come this is just what i have off the top of my head atm)

I honestly think committees are a bad idea. Ideally the entire staff team should have a say in who they're bringing in. Within fraternities they have a black ball system that I can't go too much into detail about, but it is a fair way for the entire brotherhood (or staff team in this case) to vote on who they let in. If there are so many -1 among the staff then deny the application, if they are within reason to even -1 the person. They should also take into account the communities input on that specific player.

On ph due to having a significantly smaller staff team they'll take input from the entire team that's active which is only like 5 of em, but the results are ultimately left to the admins or dink himself. A problem i see with the faternity mentality idea is that it becomes one and we see people mass -1 or +1 apps because specific people don't like or want the applicant as staff. (Potentially worsening our existing clique issue)
that’s pretty valid on the blackball aspect. usually when someone gets a no they do a revote unless it’s like a damning reason. i just thought it would be the best method instead of multiple committees to ensure it won’t end up going inactive. Also considering not even half the staff team is active I feel like the system would be good in the sense that the voting wouldn’t be too big or too little either way. it would be even and fair and ultimately the final say going to an active co-owner (best case scenario)

I honestly would agree with this. Also Doing away with trusted would be fine imo it limits what can and cant be done to help with abilities look at ph trusted there can tp unlike ttt, but i would prefer if we were given a new co-owner(only of they agree to being it) instead of doing away with it why not use out it with the original intention as a trusted community member?
killerZoreo
(01-27-2020, 11:21 PM)Christian Wrote: I also believe the Trusted rank should be retired, keeping the Staff Rank's as followed: Test Mod, Moderator, Admin, Co-Owner, Owner. My issue with Trusted is it's basically Test Mod, with extra steps. But don't get me wrong, this Rank is extremely useful for people whom have never Staffed before. But to me, I don't see this rank being necessary anymore.

Trusted would be more useful if tmods could do actual bans like ph tmods

As you said trusted is a good thing for peoples first staff position (this is my first time staffing ttt)
What would you suggest happen to the current trusted?
I feel that it would be a good thing for tmods to be able to do more then karma ban as it is on ph tmods can ban up to 24 hours something similiar could be useful as there are fewer and fewer mods. I am aware it is a concern as there are a group of dtmods that are still semi active (a good bit leaning towards inactive) but with the removal of buying tmod is it such a problem? 

(off topic im aware)