Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions
(02-22-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
  • Weeping Angel Gun 
    Sounds cool, but seems a bit busted if you have to spend 5 minutes staring at a rock and would make it really boring for people who might get targeted with this. Not sure how it works so correct me if i'm wrong
  • Frag Grenade 
    Redundant, we already have the banana bomb, holy, C4, and Jihad for explosive items.
  • Decoy Buff 
    I would actually like to see this on the test server +1.
  • Shock Pistol
    Basically a balanced disarmer, works well if you can land it before fighting a T, again +1.
  • Beartrap 
    This is unique from anything we currently have and would be an interesting mechanic to have people help you +1.
  • Riot Shield 
    Encourages camping and personally i'm not a fan of that play-style.
  • Turtle Grenade 
    Turtle Mine??? In all seriousness we can't use this with the hitboxes of our server.
  • Clairvoyance 
    Haven't read it yet, will edit later.
  • Remote Sticky Bomb 
    This could be super fun to play with, imagine planting a C4 in the basement of 67th way and then rigging the exit with a sticky bomb.
  • Prop Disguiser 
    I actually helped make this so obviously i'm gonna +1 it. There is a fixed version from akechi, which is the one you linked, which we must use if you don't want it to break the game. Can be heavily exploited so more rules would need to be added.
  • Detective Playercam 
    I've used this on another server before and its actually pretty cool, I'd like to see this +1.
  • Blink
    With the weapon swap system it would be as functional as using a teleporter or grapple hook. AKA redundant.
  • Russian Roulette Gun  
    Memes are good +1.
  • Demonic Possession 
    I can see this causing mass RDM depending on how it actually works. Would need to go through the test server first. +1
  • Homing Pigeon 
    There is one where you control the pigeon, I believe its called bird bomb, and that would be an amazing addition.
Quote:There is one where you control the pigeon, I believe its called bird bomb, and that would be an amazing addition.

This has a glitch that allows you to see through the map/go out of bounds very easily.
I honestly want to try all of these!!! They all have there own quirkyness and i love it. Please ad these to test server so i can try. +1 also is there anything we can do to get innos a shop? It would be funny to give them gag items to choose from.
(02-23-2020, 12:17 AM)Battons Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: [*]Demonic Possession 
I can see this causing mass RDM depending on how it actually works. Would need to go through the test server first. +1
[*]

A small note on this. The demonic possession has the ability to spend "charge" to move a player, shoot their gun, then finally possess. If this was ever added, I dont think there would be any possible way to include the "attack" option fairly. You can't remove it, but you can make it cost more "charge" than the max charge possible, functionally disabling it.

Also with the turtle mine, the hitboxes for the turtles are head crab hitboxes. So they are significantly larger and way easier to hit than manhacks.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
we already have holy and banana bombs no reason 2 add those tbh.

Homing Pigeon was used for targetting on carbons and I wouldn't be surprised if it's used here for the same reason, we already have the knife that insta kills.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(02-23-2020, 02:06 AM)Fozzy Wrote:
we already have holy and banana bombs no reason 2 add those tbh.

Homing Pigeon was used for targetting on carbons and I wouldn't be surprised if it's used here for the same reason, we already have the knife that insta kills.

Noted. Was already heavily leaning towards no but now I am cementing my decision.

Could also look into a knife nerf. Backstab knife is a valid option but could be fucky with hitreg. Up to you guys really.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
birdo bombo very gud. ;)
turtle bomb sounds fun and I've seen it on other servers. Although, it might be better for it to either replace or be overshadowed by the Banana Bomb.
t prop transformer sounds interesting.

as for everything else, kinda sounds boring or redundant. We've already had a few of these on the server and they were removed for good reasons (either they were never used or stupidly overpowered). I'd like to do some digging myself but I don't think we need to go absolutely crazy with the T and D items, just something to spice up gameplay not change the wheel.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
RSB and Blink are all I can support. However Blink would be busted with the Jump Pack, as the grapple hook is also available already.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I don't mind the taser ngl gives ds a way to counter those god awful knife users
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-23-2020, 08:19 AM)Near Wrote: I don't mind the taser ngl gives ds a way to counter those god awful knife users

if ur gonna take the time to aim and shoot a taser at a knife user u might as well just pull an actual gun and shoot them