Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The time has come at last (killer for mod)
Ingame Name: killerZoreo (ChokeMeGrandpa, FreeNopleez (Fuck Typing))

Time Played: About 930 Hours

When First Joined: 1/20/19

Availability (EST): Monday - Thursday 6pm to 10pm | Friday 6pm to 4am | Saturday 2pm to 4am | Sunday 2pm to 10pm

Rank Desired: Mod

Current Rank: T-Mod

What can you do to help the community: New commands give me new ways to help out. With tp, I don't have to move to spec everytime someone is stuck. With the ability to ban, I can deal with ban reports and also ban people in the act (I also recently cleared a hard drive so I can go back to recording non-stop like I used to for proof).

Why you want to help the community:  Its been a fun ride so far and I'm ready to take the next step in staffing.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): I did a dum

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): 
How did you find us?: Hopping from prop hunt because a friend recommended the game mode and I was already familiar with the community.

Other:
gametracker for names I know of in the last month

I myself am going to stay neutral as I havent been on much at the same time as you recently due to our varying schedules. From what Ive seen you have done great as a tmod and I dont recall having any issues at the beginning of your tmod days back when we were both on at the same time.
-1, I don’t think you have a full grasp of the rules to be a moderator. You also are biased in the time in which you handle reports. With your friends getting priority on who’s reports you do, this past weekend, I had multiple reports done by you which took a map to actually be done. While you finished other reports for your friends within a few minutes. I also don’t believe that a tmod should jump to mod within the span of 2 months and only 200 hours. It’s been pretty easy for people to move from regular to mod within a 3 month span which isn’t enough time at all. Which is a leading problem of the lack of knowledge throughout most of the mods on the server. I think you need some more time before you make the next step.
I'm also staying neutral but I feel like giving you a -1 based on what I read from your application and from @"Burrito Bowl" response. You treat your application like a joke, you put answers as if you just want power. Being a moderator is way more than just wanting commands you don't have. You can still ban except you only have karma ban if the user is still on the server.

However, I cannot actually give the full vote since I'm inactive.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(12-05-2019, 11:01 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: I also don’t believe that a tmod should jump to mod within the span of 2 months

I was tmod for a month, lol. 

Also these are quite a few accusations with no evidence put forth. Not saying you're incorrect however, but I'd like to see evidence of this because everytime I've been on with killer he's done nothing wrong and has dutifully done his job as staff.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-05-2019, 02:54 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 11:01 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: I also don’t believe that a tmod should jump to mod within the span of 2 months

I was tmod for a month, lol. 

Also these are quite a few accusations with no evidence put forth. Not saying you're incorrect however, but I'd like to see evidence of this because everytime I've been on with killer he's done nothing wrong and has dutifully done his job as staff.
@Nicol Bolas I wasn’t too upset about this, but I did bring it to attention of an admin. It’s not too bad, but I don’t see why multiple reports put in after mine was done almost immediately and it took him until the next map to finish mine.

You also had 2 sponsors for your mod app, and I think you were inexperienced to begin with, but you seemed like you wanted to grow, rather than just have the power to ban.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-05-2019, 01:38 PM)[GFL] Bae Wrote: I'm also staying neutral but I feel like giving you a -1 based on what I read from your application and from @"Burrito Bowl" response. You treat your application like a joke, you put answers as if you just want power. Being a moderator is way more than just wanting commands you don't have. You can still ban except you only have karma ban if the user is still on the server.

I read his app multiable times, Idk where your getting the "treating application like a joke" or any type of power tripping in his app. Seem's like a pretty standard application. Also, unlike you, I actually see killer on the server on a regular basis, you however I have not seen since I've been here (the start of November). Besides that killer is pretty chill and I haven't seen him pick favorites over my reports (though to  be fair I very rarely need to do reports unless it's a blatent rdmer and he usually gets banned anyways)

+1 from me.  Blush
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(12-05-2019, 11:01 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: -1, I don’t think you have a full grasp of the rules to be a moderator. You also are biased in the time in which you handle reports. With your friends getting priority on who’s reports you do, this past weekend, I had multiple reports done by you which took a map to actually be done. While you finished other reports for your friends within a few minutes. I also don’t believe that a tmod should jump to mod within the span of 2 months and only 200 hours. It’s been pretty easy for people to move from regular to mod within a 3 month span which isn’t enough time at all. Which is a leading problem of the lack of knowledge throughout most of the mods on the server. I think you need some more time before you make the next step.

Other people have been tmods for much less time than me before applying for mod. I will admit that I forgot about that report which was 100% on me. I'll admit that I mess up at times.

(12-05-2019, 01:38 PM)[GFL] Bae Wrote: I'm also staying neutral but I feel like giving you a -1 based on what I read from your application and from @"Burrito Bowl" response. You treat your application like a joke, you put answers as if you just want power. Being a moderator is way more than just wanting commands you don't have. You can still ban except you only have karma ban if the user is still on the server.

I didn't mean for this app to make it sound like I only wanted the power. I can definitely see how it can be interpreted that way. I overall just want to be able to help out more than I currently can. Can that be seen as power hungry? I guess. I understand that there is more to mod than just the fancy new commands. You need to be able to help out tmods and trusted (along with fellow mods sometimes) with figuring out how to deal with certain situations. You need to be someone who can be called upon by fellow players to help out in ways that tmods and trusted don't really get to deal with. What I'm trying to get at is I'm looking for more responsibility.
“It’s been pretty easy for people to move from regular to mod within a 3 month span which isn’t enough time at all. Which is a leading problem of the lack of knowledge throughout most of the mods on the server.”

I don’t think it is just you, multiple people have gotten mod before actually being ready for it. And I don’t think you are 100% ready to make that next step. Just because you look and see your peers being promoted and saying “since they got it in this amount of time, that means I should get it.”

I don’t think this should be the case & your point reaffirms my -1 in my eyes.
+0 since I'm still a t-mod and am working on my own issues.
I'd +1 but might come off as biased.

But other than that. I personally dont think there would be any other reason for applying for mod besides the cmds to help offload some of the servers issues. I dont understand why getting straight to the point is frowned upon. There honestly isnt a reason for trying to butter everyone up. 
You make a promotion req because you want to help even more and you feel that you can handle these new responsibilities. That's it.

And if theres an issue on amount of time between staff apps and promotions, I feel like that's up to the admins discretion whether or not to amp up the time requirements
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020