Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dirty dan
Offender's Name: Dirty Dan

Offender's SteamID: (STEAM_0:1:52044689)

Offender's Rank: super donor

What They Did: Ungagging himself after I gagged him for using a voice changer.

When They Did It: feb/25/2020 10:12 pm central time

Potential Witnesses: Banana, Shake, Ginger, Ryuji

Proof: 
1. https://imgur.com/KGg4a0t
2. https://imgur.com/mFfkdqu[url=https://imgur.com/mFfkdqu][/url]

Other: also when he had a voice changer I told him he should know better and then he said that dink doesn't mind that he uses a voice changer.
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
(05-14-2019, 10:08 PM)Dirty Dan Wrote: Well I am back and as your admin on Dinks Murder. Dink and I were childhood friends so that is part of the reason I have Donor+ and Admin.

Oh this can't be good..
(02-25-2020, 11:26 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 10:08 PM)Dirty Dan Wrote: Well I am back and as your admin on Dinks Murder. Dink and I were childhood friends so that is part of the reason I have Donor+ and Admin.

Oh this can't be good..

I'm not getting into this one.
As much as I don't care about voice changers and the likes, this is a big yikes of a situation. Nobody should be using commands on themselves. Doing something like this just sets precedents that its okay for everyone to do it which obviously is not correct. This is something your probably gonna wanna take to the admin team.
That said i'm not against having fun so I feel he shouldn't receive more than just a warning, but that's not my decision to make.
I dealt with something very similar the other day with dan. It wasn't too big of a deal, as he didn't ungag himself he just left, but it works against what staff are doing when we have superdonors breaking the rules. I was not really prepared to encounter that, so I wasn't recording, but here is a screen of the relay where he tries to use Dinkleberg's name as a justification for rule breaking. When I ungagged him, he did a Hank Hill impression, which was a little bit off if you ask me, and sounded nothing like his soundboard. Not very skookum of him.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
I want to give my opinion on this as well. I agree with what Battons wrote,this is definitely a big yikes even if it is a minor situation. They should already be well aware of the rules seeing how they are an admin on another one of Dink's server. Even if it is true that he is Dink's childhood friend, no one should be permitted to just blatantly ignore the rules stated just because they are friends with the owner.
To state a more proper piece, I'd like to say this: I believe that other users, staff members or even admins should NOT be the primary source of rules to follow on the server. The rule lists we have are composed of multiple hours of work by several admins and staff members, as well as dozens of cumulative suggestions and critiques made by the community, and I trust that list a hundred times more than an instant message sent by an admin that significantly less thought was put into.

I have no way of knowing if your claim that Dinkleberg said using a voice changer is alright is even true, but if it was, I personally would still be following the aforementioned OFFICIAL rule list, because that same rule list is what ALL moderators, admins, users, donors, me and you are required to follow, and throwing ad-hoc exceptions into that rule list just makes everything more confusing and stressful for both staff and users, as demonstrated here.

The voice changer rule has been enforced for YEARS. There have been dozens and dozens of people gagged, kicked and/or banned for using them just by me personally, and I don't see a very good reason for that to change.

Also, happy 1000 posts to me! I need to spend less time on these forums..
Good evening Dinks Gmod,
I want to start off and apologize for ungagging myself a few times. As an admin I understand that other donors see this and then think that they can do it themselves but I did this for a few reasons and this is the only way I can get the point across. First off, staff shouldn't be gagging players just because they use a voice changers. There are players that want to disguise their voice because they have been bullied before just by talking. I have also seen players targeted all because they are a female and then player just stops talking. Voice changers help hide the innocent as well as are fun to use every now and then for a good laugh. My second point is staff are quick to use their power against players. I should be able to join a server and goof off a little and not have the book thrown at me. The point of staff member is to have some one there to herd the players and protect them against trolls, hackers, and players straying far from the rules. The rules are set in place for guide lines. They are there but are meant to be bent so that people can still can have fun. I myself do not get on the servers because I am an admin, I play because its fun and I want others to have fun and enjoy themselves. I conclude with this, I think the rules should be revaluated and voice changers should be allowed as long as the player using is not spamming/singing in the mic. On the staff side off things I believe the staff should lighten up and relax like Dinkleberg post not to long ago.
Thanks, Dirty Daniel
If you have a problem with the rules you need to take it up with admins or the staff member that gagged you. You are not to ungag yourself as you set an example for other people in the server. If you get to do it everyone gets to do it and that's not fair. It also states in the rules to not ungag yourself as that is punishment evading. I understand that people are shy and using a voice changer offers protection. This is something that has been enforced for a while now.

https://gyazo.com/aa58f2e0825c526e6dc689a0b2e1fc4c

5th bullet point. Please understand that this is a rule and it is enforced no one is over the rules. If an issue occurs take it to the admins and serve your gags.
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
I partially agree with Dan and and the same time I don't. He makes a good point about being relaxed, again, voice changers here and there aren't going to be the end of the server. What would be the end of the server is over enforcing which was suggested in this thread, however I believe that is not the case, and as stated no user should use commands on themselves. Summarized, pointing the finger at one another won't solve it, the situation should have been handled differently and Dan should have just asked the staff to un-gag him.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I would also like to throw in a thing here. What might be causing a disconnect is Dan atm helps run murder where rules and guidelines are different than what have already been established on another server. One thing might be okay to do on murder however on PH might not be so good. This is a situation where you have to not push buttons and if he felt his gag was unjust, he should have reported andre, instead of just un-gagging himself and thus being reported.