Dinkleberg's GMod
Travis Moderator Application #2 - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: PH Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+----- Thread: Travis Moderator Application #2 (/showthread.php?tid=14479)

Pages: 1 2

Travis Moderator Application #2 - [Yellow] Travis1421 - 07-07-2021

Ingame Name: [Yellow] Travis1421, [Yellow]Travis1421, [White] Travis1421, Travis1421

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:166460621

Time Played: 866.75 Hours

When First Joined: August 30, 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): It'd be really when I have a chance. I work in retail so it could be any time before or after 4PM and after 9PM EST

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community?: I can use my experience as a Moderator in the past to help the server and help lead the staff team. I can bring a different perspective with how I see things and can bring up points that may not have been thought of in the decision making process. I can also help with ban requests.

Why do you want to help the community?: I've come to realise that I probably won't leave this community until it dies. So if I'm gonna be here til the end, I might as well do my best to help the server out.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Trusted App 1(Denied) Trusted App 2(Denied) Trusted App 3(Accepted)  Test Mod App 1(Accepted) Moderator App 1 (Denied)

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS and Lightshot

How did you find us?: I just bought GMod and it was the first server I found.

Other: I'm aware of the abuse thread that was written about me no more than a week ago. I acknowledge it and have used it as a learning opportunity. Communication between staff and player is a key component of being staff, especially in such a high ranking position. I'll continue to improve as a staff member.

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - reina - 07-07-2021

(07-07-2021, 03:06 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Other: I'm aware of the abuse thread that was written about me no more than a week ago. I acknowledge it and have used it as a learning opportunity. Communication between staff and player is a key component of being staff, especially in such a high ranking position. I'll continue to improve as a staff member.

To add to this, he did apologize to me in private and addressed the specific mistakes in a kind and respectful manner. I personally think he did actually learn from it and shouldn't have it held against him, but I realize that's not my call.

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - Darkkran - 07-07-2021

Hi Fellow ClapClub Member,

Let's start this off strong with a link to your gametracker! Playtime Link!

I've known you since around 2018 back in the day of glorious dramatic times! I finally am around to post on one of your applications! There's are some of the things I've come to learn about you since then between our battles and growing up.

You are an unique staff member, I don't always agree with some tactics you do, but they do come to the same result in the end without mass hysteria. Anytime you are on server, you are focused on the game fully making sure the experience isn't ruined by any player trying to bend or break the rules. You are good at defusing situations before and as they arise. The server is normally calm when you handle situations and everyone understands your stance on the server furthermore after said situations. You do not allow yourself to be stepped on by donors that consider themselves staff, and are very vocal about that if you are stepped over. I really enjoy being on the server when you staff on the server, and that is always a good sign in my opinion.

We have had our battles in the past, we have been able to grow and learn from them together and separately. This shows major maturity to me, that we use to be cut throat at each other, and you especially worked through it to where we are today. Playing Dungeon Defenders together, talking/debating like normal friends and just overall having a good time hanging out together. I personally feel as a person, you have the ability to handle more responsibility as a person.

I personally think that the abuse report in the past has been taken into account in your staffing since then and I can see a difference. You give people detailed explanations the best you can without repeating yourself to trolls trying to get a rise out of you requesting you to say it again. Everyone deserves the chance for improvement. You've shown that improvement through actions after responding to your abuse report, which shows me I don't necessarily think it should be taken into full account.

Now, here's the problem. Travis continues to support HonkStaff and this cannot be supported on Dinklebergs Community Servers. His constant Honking off server shows that he is trying to infiltrate with the gooses of the server to get higher in staff. With this said, I can support Travis getting Moderator, but only if he agrees to admit he is a Goose Spy!

Thank you for what you do for the server Travis, it's a pleasure to play with you on PropHunt.

HONK,
Darkkran

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - quartzglow - 07-07-2021

Travis!  So glad to see you apply for mod. 
You have been extremely helpful to me when it comes to staffing, not afraid to tell me I'm doing something not up to par, and that's helped me become better.  You are helpful to players on server including those on the Discord server.  You're well acquainted with the rules and know what you're doing! 
+1 from me.  Good luck on the rest of the app!

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021

I for once have no questions to ask you this time considering how you handled yourself with the recent abuse report. When I do get on server you're there, you're keeping things under control, you're level headed, and you keep the server fun. As for moderator quality wise, you take criticism better now, which is one of the biggest complaints i had about you. You were previously so hard headed that you did things your way or not at all. Now you're willing to sit and talk things out AND see things from others view point which is extremely needed as a moderator. Being there before previously, compared to now, you see how much the server has grown and changed, some for the better, some for the worse, so I believe you can bring some input to the moderator team that will be seen as useful.

As for things to work on I'll list a few I can think of, because everyone can always improve.

-Stop honking you pinche pato
-Keep working on attitude towards criticism
-Work on enjoying server more even when there are try hards. They're annoying af we all know, but gotta work on the dipping there i think personally.
-Work on voicing yourself more instead of debating if you should. There's been times you question yourself and you've not needed to. Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. People can disagree. Of course you know this but I want your confidence up a hair. Its good enough for moderator but I still want it up.

+1 i hate you
ur a bitch

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - dong - 07-07-2021

Oh uh I'm going to have to go against the majority here and say -1 for a few reasons. You're a bully, you laugh like the Riddler, and you suck at games. Nah jk idgaf you deserve this promotion bud. You're one of the best and will continue to thrive if given the opportunity, good luck +10

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - RussEfarmer - 07-07-2021

+1 I've known Travis for a long, long, LONG time.. we disagree on some stuff every now and then but he's still one of the best staff members I've had the opportunity to work with. Very experienced in a variety of roles and will, once again, do well as moderator.

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - VolfVoss - 07-07-2021

I have seen first hand a large amount of your growth as a person and within the Community.  Considering our past encounters up to where we are today, I have zero issues supporting your desire for advancement. 

We've talked on numerous occasions in which you've asked my opinion of your progress, along with having been present for similar conversations you've had with members of the community.  

The end result of the abuse report was a fine example of communication and growth from an experience that started out negative.  

This is an easy +1

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - Lt. Star - 07-08-2021

Been a while since I've commented on an app but I know enough about Travis's ability to manage a server to comment this time. I don't see a single problem with him becoming Mod, we've talked about a lot of things about the server and I have the upmost confidence in him. Even with any disagreements that come up it's easy to actually talk about them rather then bash heads, we have civil discussions and he knows to ask questions if there are any which is a very important trait in my opinion. Not to mention his ability to say when he's in the wrong which is another very important trait for a moderator. I've seen a time or two how he handles a server first hand and I have zero concerns there either. If it wasn't overly clear already it's a big ol +1 for a promotion. Good luck! 

HONK

RE: Travis Moderator Application #2 - MissPauling - 07-08-2021

Yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and honk this real quick.
Travis is amazing, I love Travis. I would love to work along side him as a Mod. I love how he is always up for a challenge and sticks up for what he believes in and is always willing to have an open discussion about things and is respectful about both argumented sides.

+1 hjonk