Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travis Test Moderator Application
Ingame Name: [Yellow] Travis1421, [Yellow]Travis1421, [White] Travis1421, Travis1421

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:166460621

Time Played: 778.76 hours as of this app

When First Joined: August 30, 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Honestly my timing has been changing due to a volatile work schedule but generally after 8PM EST is a good time or before 1 PM 

Rank Desired: Test Mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: With my experience as upper staff on another server and Moderator here 2-3 years ago, I have the ability to help maintain the peace on the server when others can't respond or I can give backup to the staff who need help.I feel that my experience can also assist the newer staff in their actions and how they can handle server as well.

Why do you want to help the community?: As much as I dislike how things are run sometimes, I love the people here. I've met a lot of friends here. I've met some very special people here and they like it here so I figure it wouldn't hurt to stick around and if I'm gonna stick around to help, I may as well do my best. With my experience in staffing, my best is better than sitting at Trusted forever.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Trusted App 1(Denied)       Trusted App 2(Denied)     Trusted App 3(Approved)

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?

How did you find us?: I just bought GMod and it was the first server I found.

Other: As a side note, if someone asks about my inactivity before my recent surge of activity, life was hectic and I was just burnt out of the game. I can't guarantee activity because this is a staff position on a GMod server. I will get on when I feel like it and play when I want..With that being said though, I'll respond to as many on-calls as I can and will give backup on server to staff when necessary.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Travis, From the times you been inactive in the past due to private issues and how you overcome them and came back shows
that you may have burn out on the game, however its great to see you and play against you again.

Times where you help me with ghosting and also when I help you being more up to date with the rule changes from the last time you played and which players who tend to push their luck against the rules.

Even that night when I came on and you need help, I asked how the situation and you responded with which player is mic/ chat map muted and which players are on the last straw before they are to be temp banned.

If okay to be not super active on gmod, because not everyone can be super active with a positive get stuff done attitude, for example I do get on gmod and update myself on the forums and discord for any new posts or updates.

I don't really have any problems with you or with your style of staffing on server, when ghosting happens we alert each other and know what to do rather than bullying each other to do this or that.

Overall, I'll say +1
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
-12 your bad lol but no in all seriousness i may not be that active on ph and hardly have played with you but i've seen how you handle situations and you do a good job
again i know i don't play much but, i would like to see more activity from you, now besides that i think your ready for Tmod.

+1
[Image: titan.gif]
Can I give you a +20?

In all seriousness though - you've been awesome, I didn't really know you much before I became staff, but being a part of the team and playing along side you and knowing you will have my back in a matter of seconds is amazing - everyone has been amazing don't get me wrong, but you really do have a way of just taking control of a shit situation and calming it down in zero time.

You're super active as of late, you've been one of the first to respond when pinged. I personally think you're deserving of the promotion.
Go away
Travis you lied to me and that makes me the sad. 

but still going to give you a +1. 

you have always been good at handling situations and dealing with trolls, your not toxic or a pushover.
i think you'll make a great t-mod, granted im not the best with words so this might look half-assed but i believe in you. 
:P
-1 said i am decent at league

In all seriousness i don't play much, but if he always like how he was the other day its a +1 he's ontop of things, and has prior experience as mod in the community +1
[Image: J6yUs0g]
-1 inactive in PH

For real tho you are actually smart with the decision you make as staff. What's kinda off for me is seeing you in PH and/or Discord. I don't see you often in PH but I do see your active on discord most of the time. I'll give this a +0. I feel like we need to play more in PH so that we can understand your activity.
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
-1, while you are often insightful on the forums I would say activity in game is what matters most for this position (I wouldn't know but this is my take on it). I personally do think you are ready. However, I do not see you on often and as far as game tracker has shown you have not been very active recently. I mean, while I do know that you would work well in this position the inactivity on the server is the issue.
+1

You communicate very well with other staff members when you need help, and are willing to help when you can. 

You've changed a lot from initially returning to the staff team, now you're more team oriented and significantly less lone wolf style. 

Active within the community not only on forums,  but as an active discord Mod as well. 

Former Moderator from a distant time has given you experience on the staffing side here, having been integrated into the newer staff group for a while I see no reason to hold you back. 

Though being active on the server is important,  I personally note ones ability to communicate effectively as a more valuable asset than higher hours on the server; when it comes to advancement within the staff ranks

Good luck and I like trains.
Hey Travis! Thanks for Applying.

I wanna star this off with, Travis has Mod experience. As a Trusted he shows it very well but his abilities lack his full potential. As someone who is constantly burning out and don't make any posts about it cause I don't need to. I also jump on whenever I feel like jumping on. This role isn't a job and isn't required to get on everyday. Time does have to be consistent but not everyday 24/7 consistent. I've seen Travis among other trusted heed many on calls lately. 

The thing about the Travis' presence on the server has been very big this past month. I don't wanna call out people, but if you aren't active yourself as much as I have to personally see how Travis has conducted himself on server, don't think for a second you know anything about how travis handles himself on server. I also personally haven't seen some of you and you know who you are C:

Sorry to rant about that on this app, but just wanted to make my peace with it. Travis you are very level headed, I see alot of experience through you're actions and understand alot of how warnings and punishments should be given out to people who are purposely cause said issues. We can't all be on when people want to and we can't all make everyone happy, but in my opinion Travis would be an exception for applying to Tmod. I have personally seen him in action (before anyone else uses this statement just cause they've been "admin" in a different server). 

I hope you luck in this Travis, It's a (+1) from me. We got too many trusted at the moment and need some new blues around here.