Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the community feel about bigotry?
(03-08-2021, 08:21 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: I would like to point out that some of these are leaked from staff chat and are half a year old.

First and foremost, I will not be apologizing for my comments. I am not sorry. I will never be sorry, for that would be a lie. My part was not a joke. Those are my personal beliefs. I do apologize if I made certain people uncomfortable with my comments, but I do not regret the content of them. I am a conservative. If a group of individuals can support X value, I can support NOT X. Do we really need to poll the community on if they support my view or oppose it? Not many people would come out to support me without it being anonymous, asthey would be ostracized. That is plain and simple in today's culture.

My views do not affect how I moderate the community. I have always had the views I have now. Back in 2018 when I first became staff to the present 2021. No group was favored or disfavored in the enforcement of the rules. I voiced my opinion. If I said I supported them, there would be not issue here whatsoever. Because I oppose it, I am in the wrong. This is now out in the open to the entire community to know my views. There is no avoiding it now. I could have saved face and hid behind the fact that "it was a joke," but the community damn well does not deserve to be lied to.

I joined TTT to kill people as a terrorist. Not to hear about new drama every fucking week. I became staff to make sure our community did not devolve into a drama induced shitshow and implode like my previous servers.

And yes, I still decided to make this post after all the responses I see.
Whatever shitty views you wanna have is fine. Doesn't affect me or anyone else.

When using the official Staff Discord to propagate these views, that's where I draw the line. Have your own views but don't propoagate them to the rest of the staffing community.

Im a conservative too, politically speaking - but I don't go posting statements, which degrade other human beings. I don't post them anywhere since I'm not a bigot, but especially on an official community server.

I don't feel conservative equates a bigot. I feel homophobia does.

I should add, I don't think your one statement deserve a demotion or anything, maybe a strike. Your personal views don't necessarily affect staffing the server.
Which is why I mainly have an issue with the posting of the statement in the first place. And from what I understand, this was months ago.
With regards to Raider and Kuono, the issue is said and done, I believe it was addressed at the time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does the community feel about bigotry? - by Jammin - 03-08-2021, 08:36 PM