Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the community feel about bigotry?
So a few months back I was a staff member. During my time there, I noticed some very sketchy behaviors in some of the staff, and I did say things about it aloud. Nothing ever came of it, and it was all brushed under the rug with none of it being outted to the community whatsoever. Well, today I decided to give the community a brief bit of transparency behind the staff discord so you guys can decide how you feel about some of our staff members keeping their positions and making it known. Basically, Raider Hanks, Kuono, and Squid (though his screenshots won't be sent here as he has resigned, more of a reminder if he tries to apply again in the future) have said some very transphobic stuff in the confines of the staff chat, which if leaked ever gets you instantly demoted. And in Kuono's case, some homophobia. There's some evidence in existence that I still don't have, but if you have any, on ANY staff at all, but especially them, please do tell.

If you're not okay with homophobia and transphobia representing the server, let that be known too, since I know there are some trans individuals here, though they might not be out yet. This is and always will be an inclusive space, that isn't open to bigotry. I know there's a lot of trolls on that will shit on this, but whatever. Here you go.

Note that, at least on the TTT side, this was addressed and it was decided that nothing but warnings would be applied to them. But when it is brought up to them, they'll both still  hold these views. Just to be transparent.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
NotRand is a loser,

ps. like i say ttt is a hard to read joke and you can never tell whos serious
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
Can you not discriminate against me for my views please?
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-08-2021, 07:26 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Can you not discriminate against me for my views please?
Raider "Trans disgust me more than almost anything" Hanks, everyone.

-courtesy of milk(2)
I've kept quiet on it for the most part, but I seriously don't appreciate things like this. I've very well learned that expecting every player on a garry's mod server to NOT be homophobic or the like is a lost cause, and for the most part it's in good fun so I don't mind that much. But it seriously disappoints me that staff members, who are supposed to be pillars of the community, bash on issues like this in private.

You can be funny without hating on other people. If the only way you can joke around is by talking petty on issues that aren't relevant to you in the slightest, please evolve out of the edgy 12 year old stage of comedy and get some actual material.
If we don't tolerate certain conduct from our players, it shouldn't be tolerated when it comes from staff members. Staff members, in fact, should be held to a higher standard.
I have yet to see this happen, and glad it hasn't been. Love me some good vibes in-game  Heart
 Uh oh, all errors!
I was the only active admin over them at that time and I apologize for not really doing anything about it. Was a little argument and was dropped after the topic died out. TTT has indeed went from a semi friendly environment a few years ago to a festering pot of bigotry and douchebags, so you’re not wrong there.
Basically what Nicky said. Staff are held to a higher standard, not a lower standard. The question is what level of bigotry will be tolerable here.
I'm newer to the gaming world, so I'm used to working under 0 tolerance policies. But given the soft-a n-word is allowable, I am in new territory in terms of tolerance.
From my non-gamer no-tolerance perspective, both should receive a strike for their conduct in staff discord.

That being said what may have been intended as jokes by Raider and Kuono appears to have been dealt with at the time, as NotRand said. I haven't seen anything like that discussed in staff discord ever since I joined the staff team (though I don't monitor the nsfw channel).
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Also, this is more of a matter of people in certain demographics should know if someone that may handle issues with them directly think they "disgust me more than almost anything"

It says a lot about a smaller group of people keeping that type of person in a position of authority over a larger group of people.

-courtesy of milk(2)