Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_shadowmoses: Work in progress map
(04-14-2017, 07:30 AM)ReThink Wrote: It looks very nice, despite me not knowing what the heck this is based on. I really do like the snow, certainly better than func_precipitate by a large margin. I do think the credit machine could be a bit op, since Ts already get awarded points for killing innocents. You're basically multiplying their reward for doing something they already are supposed to do. Maybe if you made it outside a T-only area, it would give innos a chance to contest T progress, really only letting them use it late-game, therefore rewarding them for making it to the end.

thanks for the feedback

i just realised i only mention the actual game in the video and not in the post, but it's based on the beginning portion of Metal Gear Solid
Yes, I hated the slow and sparse snow too, i even did the janky workaround of stacking a bunch of func_precipitations on top of eachother, till I learned how to use particle manifests
when i ported over the snow from sfm i was concerned it might kill fps, but as luck would have it source deals with particle caps well enough

The idea around having the generator is that having such a small map with only one path inbetween them (not counting T tele) is that t's may NEED a bit of an unusual boost, but considering ive never played this map with more than two real players, it might be a non-issue and I've tried to fix a problem that doesn't exist. If I'm being honest, a lot of it was me just experimenting with logic and branches and stuff, i basically used the bread machine on crummy cradle as a reference and worked of it to make a cohesive and (mostly) bugfree machine. all in all, was just an elaborate learning experience
(04-14-2017, 07:38 AM)reed1103 Wrote: Nice, I love it
thanks dad
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ttt_shadowmoses: Work in progress map - by The Ol' Spicy Keychain - 04-14-2017, 08:17 AM