Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ttt_shadowmoses: Work in progress map
(04-14-2017, 08:51 AM)ReThink Wrote: Well if you ever want to test it, send me a message. I am a sucker for snowy maps since avalanche from Halo :,) .

Also, how do you detect dead bodies? I've tried doing body detection on maps before, but I can't find what trigger to use.

I also just had an idea! Maybe make it so one of the bodies must be a T body? That way it limits the credit output and helps T's deal with dwindling numbers, if they would rather have credits than defib.

You use a trigger linked up to a filter_activator_class set to "prop_ragdoll"
This detects whether or not a ragdoll (aka corpses, but im assuming props with bones like mattresses might also trigger it) and then you can do just about any output that source is capable of. for this, i have it set a logic_branch to 1, close the hatch, and destroy the ragdoll (on a delay)
when both sides of the rooms have their logic_branch's set to 1, a logic_branch_listener activates both buttons so they can be pressed.
theres also a routine where if one is pressed and not the other it resets itself, but thats unrelated to the corpse, as its long gone by this point

As far as i'm aware, there is no entity that the creator of ttt added to understand the data of a corpse, so there's no way to explicitly tell a filter to look out for a T body. there is filter_activator_team, but even if it does work for ttt, i doubt it can read corpses either.

(04-14-2017, 09:11 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: So just a heads-up: particle effects don't play that well on the server for a reason we don't fully understand yet. There have been a few decent maps we've had to remove just because of some visual that turned the entire server into a clipshow. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future (when Dink does a clean reinstall), but you may want to remove it for the time being.

oh dear. well, whenever the new map cycle comes around, ill try and remember to include a version without th blizzard so if it breaks on my map, you can test on that one instead.
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ttt_shadowmoses: Work in progress map - by The Ol' Spicy Keychain - 04-14-2017, 09:31 AM