Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiny Quartz
(07-07-2021, 09:47 AM)The Triangle Wrote: What was your driving factor in applying for Discord Moderator?

What is your game plan for keeping the Discord "fun and safe"? 

What part of being PH staff gave you the desire to be more involved in the Community?

Are you more of a lenient person or a strict person? (Which is your more dominant?)

To answer your questions:
1.  One of the driving factors or reasons that I am applying is because I want to be able to do more to help out.  I'd like to help out the server where they need assistance. I find myself routinely reporting issues to the staff like Jammin, b0t or Noire and believe that I would
 be able to assist these issues more directly.  I want to be able to respond immediately to issues with solutions that are currently outside my realm of power.
2.  A plan I'd say I have is to make use of what our server already has.  Using the Trust and Safety features, using channels to host events, making sure that things that could tarnish our community are culled.  I don't have problems spotting situations and diffusing them.
3.  I feel this community has changed me in a positive way.  I felt like becoming staff on the discord would make it so that others can also have that light shed on them thru me.  I want all people to be able to join the Discord and have fun, just like PH and how we make sure cheaters don't ruin the fun.  I want to do the same thing in the Discord by adhering to our rules.
4.  When it comes to being strict and lenient,  there are certain things that do not fly, and I'm sure most of the team would agree.  Serious issues.  But when it comes to joking around, being silly, or anything like that I believe in taking a more friendly approach.  I don't want to create animosity when sometimes it's already there.  Viewing a situation objectively is very important.  I'd like to decrease any friction with staff during these situations.  

Overall, I believe working together and sharing ideas between both staff and non-staff will be pivotal to keeping the server a great place.
Thanks for your questions!

Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021

Messages In This Thread
Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-06-2021, 07:20 PM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by real (4) - 07-07-2021, 12:02 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]Darkkran - 07-07-2021, 12:17 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-07-2021, 01:14 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021, 01:53 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by [black]QuartzGlow - 07-07-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by TheUltraFish - 07-07-2021, 06:27 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by Mother Nuru. - 07-07-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Shiny Quartz - by The Triangle - 07-07-2021, 09:47 AM