Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Idea Monday: Shorten Round Length
I think that shortening the time per kill isn't a terrible idea. Making it where rounds last a little shorter isn't a bad idea. I don't personally think that a TTT round should last longer than 10 minutes, but at the same time, when I play T, TTT is just a DM server.

As far as the issue of delaying goes, this should be a completely separate thread on the true meaning of delaying. As the rules currently stand, delaying can only be done by the T's, and sometimes it is accidental because dumbasses waste their credits and don't buy radars. Some people are also just generally bad at the game. I daresay that the current rules actually give a lot of value to delaying as an innocent and you can only be rewarded for doing this and wasting quite literally everyone's fucking time *cough* nick * cough*.

"Oh, but, Noire," you say, "How do the rules as they currently stand give these delayers such an edge?"

Well, look at the rules forehead. As I stated above, as it currently stands you can only 'delay' by the rules terms as a traitor, which I think is a crock of bullshit. To add on to this, it is incentivised for innocents to camp locations, via the claiming portion of the rules, leaving the dumbass traitor to wander around the map without a radar for about ten minutes only to open a random door and instantly die to four innocents packed into a small room like sardines waiting for someone to come through the door.  That's a problem and it promotes very unhealthy gameplay on both sides.

I'm not gonna type anymore because I'd probably just be reiterating points above me so, to sum this all up in a few sentences for those who don't read:

tl;dr

The idea of shortening rounds has been done before and I am on board with it. That being said, it might be in the community's favour to explore other options prior to shortening the length of rounds to promote healthier playing habits rather than avoiding the main issue, the rules, as they currently stand. So, yeah, that's it.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great Idea Monday: Shorten Round Length - by Noire - 07-27-2021, 08:09 PM