Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team
I'm going to give a -1 on this. I like you rand but the way you went about things was actually pretty sad. Yes, what you did may have resulted in a good outcome, but a couple aspects of it really rub me the wrong way. You posted some things that Quantum sent you, (and gave you permission to post), and turned it into one of the grossest threads I have seen. Yes, it may have resulted in a good outcome, but you also turned it into something it shouldn't have been. I consider Quantum a very good friend of mine, and try my hardest to help him, but things should have been handled different.

For example, I'm going to try to provide a response to @Damien as well. Yes he may have gotten a "pedophile" banned, but was that even the intention of post? As much as I wish it was, I disagree. Pulled from the thread itself, "So yeah. This is more or less a call-out post for the community towards the TTT adminship."

Seriously? You're going to post Quantum being harassed by a member and use it to call out TTT adminship? The evidence should have been brought up to the admins IMMEDIATELY, not posted on some thread used to call out admins who did not know the full story. I believe that you have good intentions, and I know that you want the best for the server, but the way you went about it really rubbed me the wrong way. I do hope that you apply again the future, but as of right now, I hope that you do not get it.

Another thing, you included little cross out things in your post such as this: "give a slap on the wrists to a person making pedophillic comments towards its staff members". If you truly cared for the outcome, and cared that our underage players in the server feel comfortable playing, you would not have included attention seeking jabs like this. I'm glad the phoenix was banned, and I hope that what happened doesn't dwell with some of our underage players, but you are an adult and they are not. This should have been handled different.

Messages In This Thread
RE: things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team - by IdiotBaby - 11-04-2021, 07:54 PM