Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team
I really agree with what Foxka said. Rand, albeit it might not have been the best way to handle it, expressed frustration and put people on blast. This is a good trait, because Rand is not afraid to say shit to your face if he has an issue with what's going on; however it also is a weakness because as ceebeast said, it can sometimes come across as egotistical.

I think immediately diminishing and shooting down rand's chances of staff aren't really fair; you all holding the leaking against him are one thing because there was a certain admin who casually would show discord messages on the forums and nothing was done about that (then again that said admin is now gone, but I digress). 

I think the idea of him being on probation from the staff discord is actually a solid strategy. It gives rand a shot to prove that he is legitimate about improving this community, but it also helps keep the integrity of the staff discord that you all fear he would threaten. You might say well what the hell is the point of bringing him on? You all aren't even giving him a chance to prove himself because he expressed frustration that staff members resigned over and also had issues with. That's kind of asinine if you ask me, but you are free to make your own opinions on the matter.

+1 for trusted with a discord probation time of at least 2-3 weeks.

Best of luck to you Rand.

Messages In This Thread
RE: things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team - by David - 11-04-2021, 10:12 PM