Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team
I was debating on whether I should say anything because while Rand and I aren't close friends or anything we have a friendly rapport and have mutual friends. I generally don't like to -1 people's applications unless I feel like it's something that requires more time to work out and not something that can be developed while going through the early stages of climbing ranks.

I think it's a shame because I do think Rand is a good guy. And I do think that if it weren't for his "extracurricular" activities, he would be an easy +1. I've never seen him do anything irresponsible in game (then again, I've never seen him actually play the game either, the motherfucker just picks up barrels and chairs and throws it at people). I do think the way you conduct yourself outside of the game leaves a lot to be desired though. You have a tendency to be brash, hotheaded, and impatient. You also tend to "go it alone" in many cases as well. These are qualities that generally don't reflect being a staff. 

I'm not just pulling this out of my ass because I share some of these characteristics and can see myself in you. As Dong said earlier, the key word is trusted. It's probably impossible for any of the upper staff, let alone most staff, to be able to trust you given some of the leaks and community upheavals that occur with you being involved either in the epicenter or on the outset. I agree with Reina that while ThePhoenix was a huge nuisance and did deserve to be banned for the countless things he did that actually was against the rules, there was a process that could've happened which would have been much less drama intensive & fulfilled the same end result.

Ask yourself if you ultimately want to be staff. I get the impression that you do want to be in this community and you do care but there are going to be times where things happen that you don't agree. If it happens, do you quit (as has occurred in the past) or do you continue? Is there a capacity for compromise? I don't claim to know your entire history in this community and your relationship with others, I haven't been here too long myself.

I think you should take a few months and reassess. -1.

Messages In This Thread
RE: things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team - by Name redacted by admin - 11-05-2021, 11:30 AM