Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ryzini The Green Meanie
When I made my trusted app, I said that I would say my opinion so long as I believed in what I said, regardless if my opinion clashes with higher staff.

Ryzif has earned the right to be moderator.  Noticed that I did not say deserves and instead said earned.  "Deserves" in historic language has often been associated with nepotism, favoritism, etc. instead of strictly because of merits.  If we examine Ryzif strictly by his merits (ie: completely objectively), then it is clear that he has earned the right to be a moderator.

Demeanor on the server:
Ryzif is nothing short of professional on the server.  He knows when to let people have their fun and when to put his foot down.  I have heard people describe his type of moderation as "professional fun".  He notices ghosters/hackers as quickly as I do, quickly delegates duties to trusted when the server is being particularly naughty, and has a mastery of evidence collection.
He is well liked (well, probably not by the trolls, but you know what I mean) by the regulars, and is very welcoming to new players.  If we could clone 50 Ryzif's to staff the servers at all times, it would be well worth the expense.

Activity on the server:
I do not want any member of the higher staff team (moderator+) to take offense to what I'm going to say next.  In no way shape or form am I attempting to demean your performance, your love for this server or the community, or your vision for this server.  You all have jobs, activities, family duties, etc.  There are too many life events to list that take precedence playing on a PH server.

This being said, Ryzif clearly loves this community and plays often.  He currently has more time on the server in the last month than the entire moderator team combined.  I am not including admins in this total because we know that they have their hands full with behind the scenes things.  Again, I do not mean to cause any offense by stating this, I'm merely trying to put Ryzif's time on the server (and subsequently his drive to help the PH server) in perspective.  Higher staff have done an excellent job mentoring the trusted and tmod staff groups.

I firmly believe that the PH server would benefit from having a moderator with the activity Ryzif has.  Just think of how fast ghosting ban requests will be addressed!  Ryzif clearly knows the rules.  He clearly knows the threshold for proof for all types of offenses on the server according to the guidelines.  He can handle being moderator.

Personal Responsibility:
One common point I've seen is people wondering that he's going to burn himself out.  I do not believe this is valid criticism; in fact, I believe it demeans the effort he has put forth to protect players on the PH server.  If you check Ryzif's game tracker (https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ryzif...134:27015/), you will see that there are gaps in the monthly display.  He knows when to take breaks.  To make a joke that TTT seems to love, he knows when to go touch grass and stare at the sun.  Someone as driven as Ryzif is not going to burn out easily.  Just because it's happen to past inactive mods does not mean it will happen to him.

In short, I believe that not promoting Ryzif would be a disservice considering the sheer amount of work he has put into keeping the server safe and clean.  He clearly loves the PH community, let him continue to help as a moderator.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by Damien - 11-09-2021, 09:59 PM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by I EAT HAMSTERS - 11-09-2021, 10:37 PM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by BIIG_SAD - 11-09-2021, 11:58 PM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by Jammin - 11-10-2021, 06:45 AM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by reinaberg - 11-10-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by real (4) - 11-11-2021, 01:11 AM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by Zom13ae - 11-11-2021, 02:59 PM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by David - 11-13-2021, 10:06 AM
RE: Ryzini The Green Meanie - by TheUltraFish - 11-18-2021, 07:21 PM