Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ryzini The Green Meanie
Ingame Name:  Ryzif, FearTurkey (Just a different name on and off for Thanksgiving.)  

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:142037383

Time Played:  800+ at this point in time. 

When First Joined: March 6th, 2021 under the name "Creebs"

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I work 12's at night so mainly on my nights off or early in mornings after working. It's an on off schedule so it's really not a specific day.

Rank Desired: Moderator 

Current Rank: Tmod

What can you do to help the community?: I'll keep doing what I have been doing over a few months. Dealing with trolls, hackers and ghosters while being fair. Helping new players and old players alike with what I can. Offering up my time to put out any fires in lobby and deal with any conflict or situations that require my help/attention. I understand this is kind of on the short side but all of this has already been said and I don't want to just say the same stuff again. Anyone who may see this app and know who I am will know how I deal with things. I try my best to do what I can. 

Really the only thing that has changed is my activity. I still am active and try to help out but I'm not quite as active as I have been. This is in part something that I've been mentioning for a while, my free time is a lot lower than it has been. 

Why do you want to help the community?:  I just enjoy being a part of the community and feel like it's only right that I try to help out. Of course staffing is something that I've found to enjoy doing so that certainly helps motivate myself. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): LOTS of joke bans at this point. 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):  Accepted Trusted
                                                                                                        Accepted Tmod
                                                                                                        Denied Moderator

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?  I use OBS to record whole maps at a time normally. I have Lightshot for screenshots and in case my OBS fails I have ShadowPlay.

How did you find us?: I was just searching through different PH servers and this one stuck out to me and my friend, Haxune. 

Other: This isn't going to seem like that detailed of an app but that's because like I said, I've never been one to repeat the same thing over and over. I know that I can do this and in reality I'm sure others believe I can as well. Before I even hear this because I'm sure I'm going to.. 

Yes, I am Trusted over in TTT. No, this is not going to affect me staffing in PH. No this isn't going to push me to burn out. No I am not going to drop either of the roles at a moments notice. I like helping out. That's how I am. I enjoy my time in TTT and in PH. I have a literally insane amount of time in PH and still haven't burned out like I've heard for months and months. (I do appreciate the concern though.) If I was going to burnout, it probably would have happened already. Especially after being denied, you would imagine this would have been a push towards burnout.

Activity doesn't push someone towards burning out, situations and how someone is treated certainly can have an effect though. (This is simply how I see it to be honest.) If I need to step away in the future I'll let the parties affected know and do so and return once it is handled or what not. Simple as that really. 

Possible questions: 

Why do you want to move on to Moderator? I feel like through my time in lobby and experience in staffing that it's just a natural progression at this point. It's another area where I can help out and contribute. I can further help with ban requests and taking problems like hackers out of the lobby as needed. 

Do you think you're ready to move on to the next role? Absolutely. That doesn't mean I won't ask for advice or opinions on different situations but I am surely confident in handling my position and dealing with any issues that may come up.

Will you miss your blue? I'll cry every night. #MakeModeratorANewColor

That being said, I appreciate any feedback that I may receive, both negative and positive. If you think I should or shouldn't, be sure to let me know. Thanks in advance.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
This totally isn't a biased take I promise :)

Ryzif, I am not able to speak from a PH perspective, but I am able to speak from a forum/discord/ttt perspective and confidently say that you abosulutely deserve Moderator on PH. You are without a doubt one of the most active staff members in the entire community, you are an amazing and fun person to be around, and you've shown that you care a lot about this community. It is with a whole heart that I give you the BIGGEST +1 that will ever grace this entire website.
When I made my trusted app, I said that I would say my opinion so long as I believed in what I said, regardless if my opinion clashes with higher staff.

Ryzif has earned the right to be moderator.  Noticed that I did not say deserves and instead said earned.  "Deserves" in historic language has often been associated with nepotism, favoritism, etc. instead of strictly because of merits.  If we examine Ryzif strictly by his merits (ie: completely objectively), then it is clear that he has earned the right to be a moderator.

Demeanor on the server:
Ryzif is nothing short of professional on the server.  He knows when to let people have their fun and when to put his foot down.  I have heard people describe his type of moderation as "professional fun".  He notices ghosters/hackers as quickly as I do, quickly delegates duties to trusted when the server is being particularly naughty, and has a mastery of evidence collection.
He is well liked (well, probably not by the trolls, but you know what I mean) by the regulars, and is very welcoming to new players.  If we could clone 50 Ryzif's to staff the servers at all times, it would be well worth the expense.

Activity on the server:
I do not want any member of the higher staff team (moderator+) to take offense to what I'm going to say next.  In no way shape or form am I attempting to demean your performance, your love for this server or the community, or your vision for this server.  You all have jobs, activities, family duties, etc.  There are too many life events to list that take precedence playing on a PH server.

This being said, Ryzif clearly loves this community and plays often.  He currently has more time on the server in the last month than the entire moderator team combined.  I am not including admins in this total because we know that they have their hands full with behind the scenes things.  Again, I do not mean to cause any offense by stating this, I'm merely trying to put Ryzif's time on the server (and subsequently his drive to help the PH server) in perspective.  Higher staff have done an excellent job mentoring the trusted and tmod staff groups.

I firmly believe that the PH server would benefit from having a moderator with the activity Ryzif has.  Just think of how fast ghosting ban requests will be addressed!  Ryzif clearly knows the rules.  He clearly knows the threshold for proof for all types of offenses on the server according to the guidelines.  He can handle being moderator.

Personal Responsibility:
One common point I've seen is people wondering that he's going to burn himself out.  I do not believe this is valid criticism; in fact, I believe it demeans the effort he has put forth to protect players on the PH server.  If you check Ryzif's game tracker (https://www.gametracker.com/player/Ryzif...134:27015/), you will see that there are gaps in the monthly display.  He knows when to take breaks.  To make a joke that TTT seems to love, he knows when to go touch grass and stare at the sun.  Someone as driven as Ryzif is not going to burn out easily.  Just because it's happen to past inactive mods does not mean it will happen to him.

In short, I believe that not promoting Ryzif would be a disservice considering the sheer amount of work he has put into keeping the server safe and clean.  He clearly loves the PH community, let him continue to help as a moderator.
as I usually am not on when Ryzif is on, I am going to comment only on the interactions I have had with this wonderful bean.

Ryzif, when I first met him was polite, respectful, outgoing, and everything you would want out of a leader. He knows how to take command and make people follow him.

He is prompt, attentive, spots the baddies quick, and accurately builds the case against them.

In terms of burnout, I cannot give a good answer. I am new to the community, but given what I read on the forums, this man is currently handling both TTT and PH.

Ergo, I can only conclude that I must +1 Ryzif. Shoot for the stars.

-Biig_sad

PS: I, for one, welcome our new corporate overlords.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(09-29-2021, 06:25 PM)Ryzif Wrote: -snip-
This is of no offense to anyone in TTT but I probably never will be staff there. It sounds fun and all but dual staffing two active servers sounds like a pain IMO. I do enjoy my time there though and will help out if needed for situations when playing. I can't possibly imaging staffing in two servers. Maybe if it wasn't so active. Though I do appreciate it.
Lmao this didn't age well

I've been moderately inactive in game recently, but whenever Ryzif is on TTT I can attest to his abilities to moderate the TTT server in a fair and calm manner. He's done good work as a trusted there.

Frankly Ryzif reminds me of NotRand when he was staff.(Before all the drama shit; think Sept/Oct 2020). Hard working, fantastic staff member who cares for the community, not just the server. It wouldn't shock me at all to see Ryzif become an admin sometime down the line.

I can't speak to whether he is caring for himself better or not, or his performance as PH staff. But I give my support from my interactions with him on TTT.

I would say that if you are going for PH Mod, Ryzif, consider staying as lower staff on TTT. PH and TTT are our two most complicated and busiest servers in terms of staffing, and I really don't want you to be burnt out over some dramatic bullshit.

Because dramatic bullshit is what you'll face as upper staff.

Best of luck, I offer my support while not really feeling qualified to vote.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1

To my knowledge, you haven't made any practical mistakes worth mentioning here. You should have become a moderator by now because there are no criticisms to be made of your actions. In reference to his first moderator application, hypothetical outcomes and personal concerns are not valid criticisms. Ryzif is a grown man who can decide for himself whether or not something is too much. If he's applying for this position, it's because he's ready for this position. It's not up to anyone else to decide what is good for him, especially not staff members for a Prop Hunt server.

Based on our personal and in-game interactions, I know for a fact that Ryzif does his best to create a comfortable and pleasant environment for guest players and members alike, and I know he's pretty proud of the effort he puts into this server. He does his job without any favoritism and doesn't shy away from telling friends to cut the bullshit.

Moving on to something unrelated to the outcome of this application...

As I've said many times, I believe you should be prioritizing your own well-being more than you do. Not to prevent burnout, because I know you won't get burnt out as long as having such a role in this community doesn't become a constant, unrewarding burden. You should do it because of the fact that there are complete strangers online who care more for your health and well-being than you yourself do. You should be your own top priority. Yes, obviously you get the final say in what you can and cannot handle, but sometimes this outside perspective we give you is a concern, not a criticism. When someone tells you they're worried about you, just take an extra second to consider the possibility that maybe the concern is warranted.

Hopping online and playing some Prop Hunt or TTT may relieve some stress and help you unwind after a rough day, but you're just putting a bandaid on a leaky pipe. Please eat a solid meal, drink some water, and get some sleep. You deserve this position and should be a mod, but you need to give yourself some attention too. Let me know if you want any cat pics :)
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Let's be honest, I knew from the start you'll make a good staff without doubt.I've been inactive in ph recently but I can say you are an amazing and fun person to be around.

In my opinion ryzif deserves the moderator  at this point. Ryzif clearly loves this community and he is  without a doubt one of the most active staff members in the entire community.

I have not much to say here,like jammin said  It wouldn't shock me at all to see Ryzif become an admin sometime.

You deserve this +1
Ryzif is a big bully. >:[
But that being said; he is constantly trying to do what's best for the server. I'm actually surprised he had to put in his application twice.
I don't think there is anyone else who has put in as much time and effort as Ryzif has, that I have seen since I joined. Even with his IRL responsibilities, he is reliable and a great staffer.

Just a few points:
  • He is great to go to if you have questions or need help with dealing with unruly and disrespectful players. 
  • He keeps a very professional demeanor when dealing with said players. 
  • Ryzif is constantly active on the server, discord, and forums.
  • He has wonderful communication skills and is easy to talk to.
  • He has been very reliable when it comes to ban requests and takes the time to gather the correct evidence.
  • I have never witnessed Ryzif really lose his composure when on the server, he tends to keep a cool head and makes responsible decisions when handling issues in-game.

BUT
  • He should drink more water. 
  • And make sure he doesn't feel overwhelmed and take a nice spa day every now and then, ya know? (Like some nice self-care never hurt anyone, Ryzif. FFS.>:[)
  • I'm also kind of scared that he's just going to ban me one day.
  • Like legitimately scared he's going to just yeet me.
  • Like, He'll slap me so hard my internet provider contacts me and just like "We can't let you back on; like it's illegal now."

SIGH

All in all, ffs, I guess...kind of, that Ryzif's a great guy and works really hard to keep the server going. He will be a great mod. +1
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
[Image: 421393283_c56d33d21d_b.jpg]
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Yeahhh... this is an easy one.

RYZIF is one of my favorite "newish" staff members in the community! Like Damien, I've not had much interaction with Ryzif on PH, but if he is ANYTHING like how he is there like how he is with discord and TTT, well then he's fantastic. The sky is the limit for Ryzif, only thing stopping him is where he wants to go.

+1. I'd say good luck, but you don't really need it. Your work you put into this community speaks for itself.