Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
From Donor TMod to Admin? Will I Evolve One Last Time???
To me, a prospective admin should fulfill the following criteria:
• Are they an effective community leader? Are they generally respected, and can players and staff alike feel secure in seeking them for guidance or conflict resolution?
• Do they have trustworthy judgement? Will the decisions they make be fair, impartial, informed, and well-reasoned?
• Do they understand the community, the rules, and how they affect one another? Will the rules they change, add, or remove actively benefit the community?
• Do they understand what the community wants and enjoys from the game? Will the content they change, add, or remove create a fun experience for players?
• Are they dependable? Will they make adequate time to fulfill their responsibilities, and will they stick around when things are tough?

Now the question is, does Skullfire sufficiently fulfill these criteria? Personally, I would say not quite, primarily to the first three. I would not feel entirely confident going to him to resolve conflict, and I feel I might find myself second guessing his decisions. That's not to say he's incapable in those regards, but I don't think he's quite at the level that I would expect from an admin just yet. Admittedly I've only recently joined the staff team, but this is just my opinion based on what I've seen from both within and without.

I hope this comes across as more constructive than critical, but I think this position comes with a lot of important responsibility and influence over the community and needs serious consideration. I agree with Laced that a lot of what you've described can be achieved through your current position, and I hope to see and help contribute to continued improvements for the server, but I'm a -1 for red Skullfire at this time.

(02-24-2023, 08:31 AM)Gabe Wrote: It's like how a lot of people know me
i've literally never heard of you
[Image: gBkzZod.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Donor TMod to Admin? Will I Evolve One Last Time??? - by tiefling lesbian - 02-24-2023, 08:44 AM