Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Staff Descriptions
(06-13-2023, 04:04 AM)Super Milk Chan Wrote: Trusted can gag, mute, kick.
T-mod can day ban.
Mod can permanently ban, do ban requests,ID ban, can go outside the normal giddiness & have a say in decision-making, dish out strikes, look after & managers lower staff.
Admin everything but change server files 
Dink it's his stuff he can do what he wants.

This is the basic way to put it, to be honest different staff members take on different roles in the community & the ranks have more to do with what commands you can do with the exception that the Admins are the community leaders. Other then that all staff equal grounds.

This all so has answers to your questions.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=9611
Thank you for the information. I would like to clarify however that though clarity here is important. It should also be in the Threads where you would look to find that.

The main issue is that that information is not readily available In the places that matter

to be honest different staff members take on different roles in the community” 
While yes that might be true. It is finite. The diversity to which somewhere can serve as staff on dinks does not mean the information should be hidden as to what they will be getting into because of its vast nature 

If anything. That should be all the more reason as to why in an application sense. There is clarity as to what staff actually does at a baseline level. Or perhaps more appropriate, the lengths they are able to go to beyond simply moderating the game

*The thread to the staff guidelines 
Perhaps this is a nitpick. However. I feel as though despite the incredibly well written out step by step of how to handle numerous situations. The opening sentence of that post at a glance devalues the thread. Almost as if you were writing a paper and said 
“by the time I submit this to you there might be information that invalidates my points” 

Again this might be incredibly granular. But it does do a bit to diminish the overall effectiveness when in reality idk if that needs to be said. 

If that post started from the second sentence it has. I believe it’d be a solid document through and through

(06-13-2023, 07:21 AM)reina Wrote: i've only been an admin for 6 months, but i can tell you from what i've seen and experienced that admin qualifications are more about filling in what's missing from the team than about an individual meeting a set list of criteria.
“admin qualifications are more about filling in what's missing from the team”

My question would be. Is the the capacity to which an admin “fills in what’s missing” completely diverse each time as each team is different? Or, is it a handful of different things that different admins will cycle into as time goes on. 

This also doesn’t take into account the aforementioned that visibly on the surface admins roles are only slightly extended than their mod friends. I believe that there is a lot of unsung work that is normal for admins but simply is not highlighted.

Essentially what I’m saying is. Though that could definitely be true. I find it hard to believe the extent for Admin duties is something so wide of scope that the historical, documented contributions of past admins could not be something analyzed to create an overview of what to expect from this position. 

Again the heart is not to create an exhaustive list. It is to create a baseline for understanding fundamentally how these roles differ. And what to expect.

Messages In This Thread
Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 02:35 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 07:30 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by reina - 06-13-2023, 07:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by chelllman - 06-13-2023, 09:21 AM
RE: Updated Staff Descriptions - by AceWing - 06-13-2023, 10:14 AM