Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Staff application for The Lamb
(07-30-2023, 10:25 PM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: short answer: no, -1 with prejudice.

Long answer: hoooooo boy lets dig into this one.

Hi Praise the Lamb. at this time, I do not wish to +1 this app. there are several reasons for this, so lets be as diplomatic as we review these reasons:

1. making cheaters cry-- this motive is actually plain horrible. this is not community focused, and indicates that you will gun to punish people. that is not the goal as staff. Dinks staff is aimed at making Dinks' servers a better place. all your stated objective accomplishes is selfishness.

2. previous discord ban--the reason for your previous discord ban makes me unwilling to +1 your app. Dink's prophunt is frequented by all ages, especially minors. I am honestly not comfortable with the idea that a fellow staff would feel comfortable discussing/joking about those kind of topics around minors. its kind of yucky.

3. overall demeanor. I and several other people have noticed a demeanor from you that at best can be described as badgering, and at worst, close to/at harassing. I know you likely do not mean to come off that way, but the end result is the same. repeatedly badgering people/using a badgering demeanor does not really win the hearts and minds of others. The result is that I and others can sometimes feel that you are badgering/overbearing, which is not a trait that is desirable for staff. 

4. lack of (good) presence in the community. In lieu of points (1) and (2) and partly (3), I have to say that overall, you don't really meet the criteria of being someone that the community can look to to say "yeah, this person is a good guy". Can you defend a (2) scenario if you were staff? I do not think so, because one of the big rules of PH is to not make that kind of " " joke " "(or to really discuss that stuff in server). TBH, a discord ban speaks volumes about you. 

conclusion:
inferencing from (1), (2), and (3), mainly (1) and (2) I refuse to do anything other than -1 this app or others unless change is made.
It is true that people can change. but as it stands right now, no, I will not vote other than -1. you have made it clear to me that your goals here is simply to be able to punish other people, and not to make dinks a better place. Honestly, this smells of power hunger. But that's just an opinion.

1. As staff on a game server, I'd think that you'd want cheaters to not have a good time, but it's whatever you say. I play game night with the community and I do my best as donor to keep the server under control. I don't think there's been an instance of me "power tripping" yet. This is just plain pedantry.

2. It was literally years ago, and I've been pardoned, calm down.

3. Eh? Not sure how you mean this. I'm quick to suss on people but that's about all I can think of. Maybe I play a silly character in the Discord, but I can be serious when the need arises. It's all in good fun, otherwise.

4. Literally two years ago.

This seems pretty prejudiced thanks to your repeated harping on something that happened two years ago and then being a pedant about my wording. It's in the past and several staff have had previous bans, and being a pedant is just petty and unfair. I am inclined to think you just don't like me. Plenty of others do in the server and I'm an active participant. I have a good track record as a donor over the years and I've rarely if ever overstepped my bounds. I've turned over a new leaf since two freaking years ago and I want to be able to more directly help on PH.
[Image: cult-of-the-lamb-pentagram.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-30-2023, 10:25 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Praise the Lamb - 07-30-2023, 10:40 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 07-31-2023, 01:18 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Bird (2) - 07-30-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Blu - 07-31-2023, 02:13 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by August - 07-31-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by Carson - 08-01-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-02-2023, 07:16 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by BIIG_SAD - 08-02-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Staff application for The Lamb - by reina - 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM