Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panda's Abuse Thread (Mod App)
(11-08-2023, 04:02 AM)slater Wrote: There's no doubt that you staff well and you are a good staff member to have on the team, but what concerns me is the issue that wrom stated of having low complications in the server and being stressed or having trouble with the server when there was little trouble. I don't believe, imo of being in the same position, that it is hard to manage the server in a way to keep it calm and less chaotic. Which brings the question of how much stress would you be able to take as a moderator having to try to hold down the server and be a prime leader to ease the issues and fix problems that the players have? How much difficulty would you have to be able to control and keep the server together without feeling completely engulfed or bombarded by constant problems happening? Like I said, I do believe that you can dish out punishments well and would be a good asset to have as a moderator + you are a good tmod with the experience you have, but with the issue of feeling pressured, it concerns me to think that you wouldn't be able to handle the demand to try to keep everything under control.

I do want to mention that I have done a lot of solo staffing where I have dealt with chaotic server situations earlier in my staffing and have not had as many chaotic sessions recently. I do agree that I could do a better job calming down situations especially since I try to text chat more than voice chat and voice chat catches people's attention quite a bit more. I also have been a little slow when getting stricter about situations and handling things. I do remember one of the times I had a rough time dealing with the stress of the server was during the Picker times I was having trouble since staff hadn't clearly figured out how they wanted to handle the situation and I was trying to staff with a server of people using it in weird ways and I just decided to get off after trying to staff and having too rough of a time. I was still an early trusted and could have handled the situation better.

I tend to take a more passive approach so that when an issue appears I can handle it, but I can understand the need to work on a more leader approach to staffing and preventative measures. I am a bit of a passive person so this has been a bit of a harder issue for me. I have slowly been working on this recently by trying to stop the dog pile of some regulars from egging on random players for being a bit trolly or aggressive.

Most times where I have said I couldn't handle the server were due to me being high or using that as an excuse to go do something else since I didn't feel like playing gmod. The specific time that Wrom brings up I think I got off for the night and claimed it was too hectic since I was tired, high, and I believe a friend had also used that excuse and I was bandwagoning. I want to be able to play on the server for a long time so I try to make sure I don't burn myself out. If your only reason for concern is me voicing an annoyance then idk what to say things can be annoying to each person for a variety of reasons and sometimes people say things that aren't that serious to exaggerate their feelings.

Messages In This Thread
Panda's Abuse Thread (Mod App) - by PandaInPants - 10-27-2023, 02:36 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by tiefling lesbian - 10-27-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by [DSI]ToxicVoid7 - 10-27-2023, 02:53 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by Goat Punter - 10-27-2023, 03:16 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by yvng koi - 10-27-2023, 07:06 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by bab - 10-28-2023, 01:25 AM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by PandaInPants - 10-29-2023, 05:05 PM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by Wrom - 10-28-2023, 04:06 PM
RE: Pluto's Mod App - by 3mb3ry - 10-31-2023, 12:58 AM
RE: Panda's Abuse Thread (Mod App) - by Brahma - 11-08-2023, 03:02 AM
RE: Panda's Abuse Thread (Mod App) - by slater - 11-08-2023, 04:02 AM