Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Modest Proposal
thanks for the feedback, i'll order my thoughts by number because quoting is annoying on mobile

1) The 8 point warn for pedophilia jokes/conversations is specifically for lower severity offenses, that while
taken seriously are not typically intended to majorly cause harm. With the lowered first threshold and increased duration of 8 point warns, I felt this was a good compromise for people to have a 2nd chance after an extended time while still receiving immediate punishment. More severe cases are meant to be dealt a permaban, and I removed the old 10 point warn preset deliberately to encourage a stronger distinction between the two and to reduce some confusion there was around it. I'm not opposed to upping it if this is a common sentiment, but there was some reasoning behind it.

2 & 3) Sexual conversations were reduced to 6 points to help staff feel more confident in giving the warn out when applicable without being unsure if it's warranted, as I've seen happen a few times. This is especially true with the lowered first threshold. Both rules have notes to be enforced more strictly when minors are present. Once again not something I'm opposed to changing, just my thoughts behind it.

4) I've considered this before, but some people tend to get riled up when they see the scary warn text even if it's minor. I've recently started encouraging staff to use the player notes in the awarn menu to log verbal warnings and I'll give that some more time to see if that holds up, but if not we can look into using 0 point verbals.
[Image: gBkzZod.png]

Messages In This Thread
A Modest Proposal - by Foxka - 03-11-2024, 05:28 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Dildo Shwaggins - 03-11-2024, 05:40 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Battons - 03-11-2024, 05:59 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by tiefling lesbian - 03-11-2024, 06:44 PM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Oreos™ - 03-12-2024, 06:30 AM
RE: A Modest Proposal - by Jammin - 03-12-2024, 09:38 AM