Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should afks be kicked on an empty server?
We only kick if the server is full, but if it's a staff member that's afking and that person is the only staff member on, we can kick them for it (or at least I think so, because hipster kicked me for 'afk' despite I wasn't actually afk. I was just sitting in spectator). If they're farming time, leave it. We'll just use gametracker to see how much they actually play, if they do apply for staff. But either way, most of us will know if the person is just farming hours or not. You can't farm points because pointshop v2 prevents the option to collect points while you sit in spectator. But before we kick them, we have to alert them a round ahead before we start kicking. We also have to use status in console to make sure it's not just a new player coming and doesn't know how to get out of spectator mode.

I personally think this would be bad especially if the server isn't full, it might hurt our rank reputation or popularity reputation. But I'm assuming you're talking about kicking them when the server is full, but there's already an ongoing discussion about that in staff chat. Whether to increase slots or get reserve slots, or something.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should afks be kicked on an empty server? - by ❤ Miss Bunny ❤ - 01-15-2017, 07:21 AM