Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should afks be kicked on an empty server?
What are everyones opinions on this? If there is an afk in spectator mode, do you think they should be kicked to prevent them from gaining anymore game time since they arent earning it? orrr, do you think they should be allowed to since it isnt hurting anybody and theres really no reason to.
We only kick if the server is full, but if it's a staff member that's afking and that person is the only staff member on, we can kick them for it (or at least I think so, because hipster kicked me for 'afk' despite I wasn't actually afk. I was just sitting in spectator). If they're farming time, leave it. We'll just use gametracker to see how much they actually play, if they do apply for staff. But either way, most of us will know if the person is just farming hours or not. You can't farm points because pointshop v2 prevents the option to collect points while you sit in spectator. But before we kick them, we have to alert them a round ahead before we start kicking. We also have to use status in console to make sure it's not just a new player coming and doesn't know how to get out of spectator mode.

I personally think this would be bad especially if the server isn't full, it might hurt our rank reputation or popularity reputation. But I'm assuming you're talking about kicking them when the server is full, but there's already an ongoing discussion about that in staff chat. Whether to increase slots or get reserve slots, or something.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Well going off of what Koharu said, If they are sitting in spec they arent really hurting anyone, they cant collect points either. But they are still time farming. There have been plenty of people we have kicked in the past for time farming, egg being the first that comes to mind. Even if the server isn't full, I still think we should be allowed to kick players who are in spec and havent told staff they were going afk for a short time and arent still in the connecting phase, and thats an easy see, like she said, use the status in console. that will be a good tool in figuring out who all needs to be kicked.
(01-15-2017, 09:14 AM)BmanTheTBM Wrote: Well going off of what Koharu said, If they are sitting in spec they arent really hurting anyone, they cant collect points either. But they are still time farming. There have been plenty of people we have kicked in the past for time farming, egg being the first that comes to mind. Even if the server isn't full, I still think we should be allowed to kick players who are in spec and havent told staff they were going afk for a short time and arent still in the connecting phase, and thats an easy see, like she said, use the status in console. that will be a good tool in figuring out who all needs to be kicked.

That was when afk was removed. Since we have that command now, there's no need to kick them even if they're farming. I was told not to kick by an admin (but I forgot which one). Only kick if server is full.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
I do it if I see someone has been AFK for an extremely long period of time. Usually I get on in the morning and someone forgot to log off the night before, they have about 4-8 hours of "playtime", so I kick them then.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(01-15-2017, 11:56 AM)City Wrote: I do it if I see someone has been AFK for an extremely long period of time. Usually I get on in the morning and someone forgot to log off the night before, they have about 4-8 hours of "playtime", so I kick them then.

But what if they just went to afk like for 20 minutes or a minute ago? Just because they have tons of time doesn't mean they went afk 4-8 hours ago. There are people who actually plays for 8 hours or more and then they go in spectator or afk.
People do time farm a lot, normally you shouldn't do it if the server is not full. But if it's obvious they're (been on the server for like 4 hours and have been AFK for a couple maps) ask if they're there. If no response kick them, but remember you won't need to use your powers with Staff on.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Christian Wrote: People do time farm a lot, normally you shouldn't do it if the server is not full. But if it's obvious they're (been on the server for like 4 hours and have been AFK for a couple maps) ask if they're there. If no response kick them, but remember you won't need to use your powers with Staff on.
But what if the staff is afk, like certain staff members do *cough* sea burns *cough*?
(01-15-2017, 05:15 PM)Koharu-Chan Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Christian Wrote: People do time farm a lot, normally you shouldn't do it if the server is not full. But if it's obvious they're (been on the server for like 4 hours and have been AFK for a couple maps) ask if they're there. If no response kick them, but remember you won't need to use your powers with Staff on.
But what if the staff is afk, like certain staff members do *cough* sea burns *cough*?

It's not uncommon to see Staff being AFK. And it's honestly fine (so long as they're doing reports). I do that sometimes, more on the late shift. Like I said above though: "If it's obvious they've been AFK for multiple Rounds / Maps ask if they're there. If no response kick them if they've been AFK for a few Map or hours." You should really only need to use this in an instance where it's clear they've been idleing / time farming or they're just not playing. Just make sure you ask if they're there, either Text ,Voice or Steam chat.

Normally we shouldn't be doing this unless the server is full, but it's not an excuse to let other players Time Farm.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
To Be Honest I accidentaly go afk for a period of time because I'm on the forums. anyways, though I am not donor. donors should be able to join when server is full... as well as staff.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.