Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using rules incorrectly; Abuse
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:49 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:22 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote: Offendor's Name: Rick Sanchez (Earth C137)

Offendor's Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72949909

Offendor's Rank: Test Mod

What they did:

On my T round, I walked on top of a unID'd body, and waited to ID, staying on top of the body, asking why someone right by the body didn't ID. I was RDM'd by that player (Blumpkin Spice Latte) for not ID'ing. Submitted a RDM report against Blumpkin. Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) tried to convince me that by not immediately ID'ing I was KOS, and then when I defended myself, both him and Scoovie told me to be quiet, or I'd be gagged, saying the rules were correct. I reviewed the rules, and saw where it states it's KOSable if and only if you WALK PAST a body without ID'ing. I brought this up and was told to be silent again, so following the server's rules, I am posting on the forum.

When they did it: Approx. 7:10 A.M. PST June 16th

Potential Witnesses: Anyone in the server, including but not limited to; Scoovie, iplaygames2, dgrif12, Waldo

Proof: The same reports and evidence Rick Sanchez attempted to use against me, crime scene report and the like, as well as chat logs. Certain players also claimed to have been recording at the time.

Other: N/A

You stood on it, looked up at Blumpkin and then looked back down so Blumpkin killed you. I told you multiple times that you had to right to kill Blumpkin for doing what you had but your focus was entirely on the fact that you decided you were in the right despite both Scoovie and myself telling you you were incorrect. You continued to argue with staff after being told twice to stop, that's why you were warned of a possible gag as arguing with staff is against the rules. You stood directly over the body without iding it as soon as you were able to and that is your own mistake. Your argument became "Well what if it's body bombed!" which is the risk you have to take for either and instant death or being called KOS.

The rule explicitly says 'Walking by without ID'ing a body', and I'm now being ridiculed for directly following the rule. You are twisting what the rule says, there isn't an excuse for that. If it was KOS for not IDing when on top of the body, it would say that.

Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3
3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion
That would be the entire rule. The key phrase here is "Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion"

The point of posting it on forum was so an outside source can examine what I believe are conflicting rules and what I believe to be a fairly unique situation, not for you to further argue the same point. The FULL rule states Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3 (3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion). Now, from what I read, and what you've said, it is ok to not ID a body that you see, but kill the next person to walk up, wait to ID while asking why someone didn't ID, and then be killed by the original Non-ID'er? There are many reasons that is flawed. As I stated, I was cautious of a body bomb. Your response was that I HAVE to take that risk. In that scenario, someone obviously didn't ID, so why would I trust the body to not be rigged? I don't see any rule saying I have to blindly do anything without thinking and asking questions. The rule, in its writing, makes it clear you are KOSable if you walk by (I.e. Approach and then leave), but does not state you are KOSable for not IMMEDIATELY IDing, simply for avoiding IDing. If I'm in error, then I kindly ask someone amend the rules writing to better represent what the rule SHOULD be. And "largely to staff discretion" leaves room for arguing my case. If you want to stroke your ego and pride more, continue to argue OR you can actually look into the rule.

Messages In This Thread
Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Scoovie - 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Foxka - 06-16-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Scoovie - 06-16-2017, 06:54 PM