Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using rules incorrectly; Abuse
Offendor's Name: Rick Sanchez (Earth C137)

Offendor's Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:72949909

Offendor's Rank: Test Mod

What they did:

On my T round, I walked on top of a unID'd body, and waited to ID, staying on top of the body, asking why someone right by the body didn't ID. I was RDM'd by that player (Blumpkin Spice Latte) for not ID'ing. Submitted a RDM report against Blumpkin. Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) tried to convince me that by not immediately ID'ing I was KOS, and then when I defended myself, both him and Scoovie told me to be quiet, or I'd be gagged, saying the rules were correct. I reviewed the rules, and saw where it states it's KOSable if and only if you WALK PAST a body without ID'ing. I brought this up and was told to be silent again, so following the server's rules, I am posting on the forum.

When they did it: Approx. 7:10 A.M. PST June 16th

Potential Witnesses: Anyone in the server, including but not limited to; Scoovie, iplaygames2, dgrif12, Waldo

Proof: The same reports and evidence Rick Sanchez attempted to use against me, crime scene report and the like, as well as chat logs. Certain players also claimed to have been recording at the time.

Other: N/A
You were standing ontop of and not iding an unid'd body
(06-16-2017, 09:22 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote: Offendor's Name: Rick Sanchez (Earth C137)

What they did:

On my T round, I walked on top of a unID'd body, and waited to ID, staying on top of the body, asking why someone right by the body didn't ID. I was RDM'd by that player (Blumpkin Spice Latte) for not ID'ing. Submitted a RDM report against Blumpkin. Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) tried to convince me that by not immediately ID'ing I was KOS, and then when I defended myself, both him and Scoovie told me to be quiet, or I'd be gagged, saying the rules were correct. I reviewed the rules, and saw where it states it's KOSable if and only if you WALK PAST a body without ID'ing. I brought this up and was told to be silent again, so following the server's rules, I am posting on the forum.

Potential Witnesses: Anyone in the server, including but not limited to; Scoovie, iplaygames2, dgrif12, Waldo

Proof: The same reports and evidence Rick Sanchez attempted to use against me, crime scene report and the like, as well as chat logs. Certain players also claimed to have been recording at the time.

You stood on it, looked up at Blumpkin and then looked back down so Blumpkin killed you. I told you multiple times that you had to right to kill Blumpkin for doing what you had but your focus was entirely on the fact that you decided you were in the right despite both Scoovie and myself telling you you were incorrect. You continued to argue with staff after being told twice to stop, that's why you were warned of a possible gag as arguing with staff is against the rules. You stood directly over the body without iding it as soon as you were able to and that is your own mistake. Your argument became "Well what if it's body bombed!" which is the risk you have to take for either and instant death or being called KOS.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
(06-16-2017, 09:49 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:22 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote: Offendor's Name: Rick Sanchez (Earth C137)

What they did:

You stood on it, looked up at Blumpkin and then looked back down so Blumpkin killed you. I told you multiple times that you had to right to kill Blumpkin for doing what you had but your focus was entirely on the fact that you decided you were in the right despite both Scoovie and myself telling you you were incorrect. You continued to argue with staff after being told twice to stop, that's why you were warned of a possible gag as arguing with staff is against the rules. You stood directly over the body without iding it as soon as you were able to and that is your own mistake. Your argument became "Well what if it's body bombed!" which is the risk you have to take for either and instant death or being called KOS.

The rule explicitly says 'Walking by without ID'ing a body', and I'm now being ridiculed for directly following the rule. You are twisting what the rule says, there isn't an excuse for that. If it was KOS for not IDing when on top of the body, it would say that.
(06-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:

What they did:

The rule explicitly says 'Walking by without ID'ing a body', and I'm now being ridiculed for directly following the rule. You are twisting what the rule says, there isn't an excuse for that. If it was KOS for not IDing when on top of the body, it would say that.

Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3
3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion
That would be the entire rule. The key phrase here is "Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion"
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:

What they did:

3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion
That would be the entire rule. The key phrase here is "Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion"

The point of posting it on forum was so an outside source can examine what I believe are conflicting rules and what I believe to be a fairly unique situation, not for you to further argue the same point. The FULL rule states Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3 (3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion). Now, from what I read, and what you've said, it is ok to not ID a body that you see, but kill the next person to walk up, wait to ID while asking why someone didn't ID, and then be killed by the original Non-ID'er? There are many reasons that is flawed. As I stated, I was cautious of a body bomb. Your response was that I HAVE to take that risk. In that scenario, someone obviously didn't ID, so why would I trust the body to not be rigged? I don't see any rule saying I have to blindly do anything without thinking and asking questions. The rule, in its writing, makes it clear you are KOSable if you walk by (I.e. Approach and then leave), but does not state you are KOSable for not IMMEDIATELY IDing, simply for avoiding IDing. If I'm in error, then I kindly ask someone amend the rules writing to better represent what the rule SHOULD be. And "largely to staff discretion" leaves room for arguing my case. If you want to stroke your ego and pride more, continue to argue OR you can actually look into the rule.
(06-16-2017, 10:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:

What they did:

The point of posting it on forum was so an outside source can examine what I believe are conflicting rules and what I believe to be a fairly unique situation, not for you to further argue the same point. The FULL rule states Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3 (3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion). Now, from what I read, and what you've said, it is ok to not ID a body that you see, but kill the next person to walk up, wait to ID while asking why someone didn't ID, and then be killed by the original Non-ID'er? There are many reasons that is flawed. As I stated, I was cautious of a body bomb. Your response was that I HAVE to take that risk. In that scenario, someone obviously didn't ID, so why would I trust the body to not be rigged? I don't see any rule saying I have to blindly do anything without thinking and asking questions. The rule, in its writing, makes it clear you are KOSable if you walk by (I.e. Approach and then leave), but does not state you are KOSable for not IMMEDIATELY IDing, simply for avoiding IDing. If I'm in error, then I kindly ask someone amend the rules writing to better represent what the rule SHOULD be. And "largely to staff discretion" leaves room for arguing my case. If you want to stroke your ego and pride more, continue to argue OR you can actually look into the rule.

If you're a traitor, body bombs show up on your screen as a giant sign that shows up across the map and I believe the body itself turns red. So, being cautious of the body bomb is not really an excuse here. And if it did have a bomb, going near it (again, can be seen from across the map) is a risk you take as a T. Sounds to me like you're just trying to give us a hard time about the semantics of the rule, since walking by the body can also mean walking in the general vicinity of it without IDing it. It also doesn't state that you have to walk a certain distance from it or be in motion for it to be KOSable.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(06-16-2017, 11:17 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:49 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote: You stood on it, looked up at Blumpkin and then looked back down so Blumpkin killed you. I told you multiple times that you had to right to kill Blumpkin for doing what you had but your focus was entirely on the fact that you decided you were in the right despite both Scoovie and myself telling you you were incorrect. You continued to argue with staff after being told twice to stop, that's why you were warned of a possible gag as arguing with staff is against the rules. You stood directly over the body without iding it as soon as you were able to and that is your own mistake. Your argument became "Well what if it's body bombed!" which is the risk you have to take for either and instant death or being called KOS.

If you're a traitor, body bombs show up on your screen as a giant sign that shows up across the map and I believe the body itself turns red. So, being cautious of the body bomb is not really an excuse here.

Only traitors see a body is rigged, otherwise the trap would never work, so yes, being cautious is a valid excuse. Let me reilliterate the fact that I walked past my RDMer, thinking them AFK, them moving so I knew they weren't, seeing a body, approaching, seeing it was unID'ed, looked up to see RDM'er still standing there, began to ask why they didn't ID, as I began to look down in order to ID, and before I could ID, and without any warning was shot for 'not IDing'. Rick has already confirmed my actions, and if that's in question, the entire server heard him. Further, if you don't ID a body, and lurk nearby for someone else to approach the body, are you seriously saying they can KOS them for not IDing, despite the fact they themselves didn't ID originally? FURTHER let me PUSH THE FACT that I was killed within a few seconds of seeing the body AND IN NO WAY tried to leave the body.
(06-16-2017, 11:25 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 11:17 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote: The rule explicitly says 'Walking by without ID'ing a body', and I'm now being ridiculed for directly following the rule. You are twisting what the rule says, there isn't an excuse for that. If it was KOS for not IDing when on top of the body, it would say that.

If you're a traitor, body bombs show up on your screen as a giant sign that shows up across the map and I believe the body itself turns red. So, being cautious of the body bomb is not really an excuse here.

Only traitors see a body is rigged, otherwise the trap would never work, so yes, being cautious is a valid excuse. Let me reilliterate the fact that I walked past my RDMer, thinking them AFK, them moving so I knew they weren't, seeing a body, approaching, seeing it was unID'ed, looked up to see RDM'er still standing there, began to ask why they didn't ID, as I began to look down in order to ID, and before I could ID, and without any warning was shot for 'not IDing'. Rick has already confirmed my actions, and if that's in question, the entire server heard him. Further, if you don't ID a body, and lurk nearby for someone else to approach the body, are you seriously saying they can KOS them for not IDing, despite the fact they themselves didn't ID originally? FURTHER let me PUSH THE FACT that I was killed within a few seconds of seeing the body AND IN NO WAY tried to leave the body.

It's already been stated that you could've killed the guy, so there was basically a valid KOS on both of you, it's just that you decided not to follow through on one KOS and got yourself killed because of it. You also say that you were right to be cautious because of the possibility of a body bomb, but you also said this was your T round, meaning you knew whether there was or wasn't a body bomb on the guy. If there was, you brought it on yourself by running up to it (pro tip: stay away from anything that a traitor can use in case it either kills you accidentally or marks you as suspicious). If there wasn't a bomb, there was no reason not to ID the body. I have seen body bombs be used so infrequently that their use hardly warrants a realistic suspicion to not ID a body. In all my hours (which is only about 8, but it still counts) I've only seen maybe 3 rounds where body bombs were used, and 2 of them were placed by me, so it isn't the most common method of getting kills.
(06-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Bright Osemwegie Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:  Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3

It's already been stated that you could've killed the guy, so there was basically a valid KOS on both of you, it's just that you decided not to follow through on one KOS and got yourself killed because of it. You also say that you were right to be cautious because of the possibility of a body bomb, but you also said this was your T round, meaning you knew whether there was or wasn't a body bomb on the guy. If there was, you brought it on yourself by running up to it (pro tip: stay away from anything that a traitor can use in case it either kills you accidentally or marks you as suspicious). If there wasn't a bomb, there was no reason not to ID the body. I have seen body bombs be used so infrequently that their use hardly warrants a realistic suspicion to not ID a body. In all my hours (which is only about 8, but it still counts) I've only seen maybe 3 rounds where body bombs were used, and 2 of them were placed by me, so it isn't the most common method of getting kills.

Once again, no one is READING MY POINT
AGAIN:
How is it justifiable to KOS someone IN THE PROCESS of IDing a body? As I've repeated, there was no attempt to leave the body, and when I play TTT, unlike most of you I assume, I ask QUESTIONS. The MOTD clearly says it's a KOS if you WALK PAST an unID'ed body.

Let me repeat.

Walk. Past.

Please stop going on a tangent about what happened, this, as I keep saying, is relevant to the rule, not a finger pointing contest. Yes, I could have KOS'd him, but gentlemans creed says to give people a chance. It's pretty sus to kill someone for not IDing without a warning.

Back to my point.

The rule states walking past without IDing is KOS, so if I stand ON the body and ask questions in no way avoiding the body, and am clearly about to ID it (I looked down at the body to ID and was killed, Rick Sanchez has already supported this) is that KOSable, as it is stated in the MOTD?

(For the love of all things evil, don't repeat the same things already stated, actually read all the info provided)

(06-16-2017, 12:02 PM)Bright Osemwegie Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:  Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3

Once again, no one is READING MY POINT
AGAIN:
How is it justifiable to KOS someone IN THE PROCESS of IDing a body? As I've repeated, there was no attempt to leave the body, and when I play TTT, unlike most of you I assume, I ask QUESTIONS. The MOTD clearly says it's a KOS if you WALK PAST an unID'ed body.

Let me repeat.

Walk. Past.

Please stop going on a tangent about what happened, this, as I keep saying, is relevant to the rule, not a finger pointing contest. Yes, I could have KOS'd him, but gentlemans creed says to give people a chance. It's pretty sus to kill someone for not IDing without a warning.

Back to my point.

The rule states walking past without IDing is KOS, so if I stand ON the body and ask questions in no way avoiding the body, and am clearly about to ID it (I looked down at the body to ID and was killed, Rick Sanchez has already supported this) is that KOSable, as it is stated in the MOTD?

(For the love of all things evil, don't repeat the same things already stated, actually read all the info provided)

No one here has addressed the issue, which I keep repeating.

So once more.

The MOTD states that it is a KOSable event if you

...wait for it...

WALK
PAST
without IDing a body.

And as I've stated, and others admitted to, I went to, and stayed on top of the body while I assessed the situation, and was IN THE PROCESS OF IDING when I was killed.

Everyone seems to busy pointing out obvious, and useless, information.

So here's the issue:

The rule says one thing. I followed the rule. Someone killed me, misunderstanding the rule (I assume). I claimed RDM. Two mods/admins said it was not RDM. Attempted to argue, was quoted the rules. Confirmed rules were in my favor (from how it is EXPLICATELY WRITTEN). Posted on forums, as is stated in MOTD.

NOW. My final point.

Pretend I was an innocent (since whether or not I was a T DOES NOT MATTER, rules apply the same either way, an RDM is an RDM, whether or not you kill a T or inno.