Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using rules incorrectly; Abuse
(06-16-2017, 11:25 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 11:17 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 10:29 AM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Crylo Ren Wrote: The rule explicitly says 'Walking by without ID'ing a body', and I'm now being ridiculed for directly following the rule. You are twisting what the rule says, there isn't an excuse for that. If it was KOS for not IDing when on top of the body, it would say that.

Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3
3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion
That would be the entire rule. The key phrase here is "Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion"

The point of posting it on forum was so an outside source can examine what I believe are conflicting rules and what I believe to be a fairly unique situation, not for you to further argue the same point. The FULL rule states Knowingly walking past an unidentified body 3 (3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion). Now, from what I read, and what you've said, it is ok to not ID a body that you see, but kill the next person to walk up, wait to ID while asking why someone didn't ID, and then be killed by the original Non-ID'er? There are many reasons that is flawed. As I stated, I was cautious of a body bomb. Your response was that I HAVE to take that risk. In that scenario, someone obviously didn't ID, so why would I trust the body to not be rigged? I don't see any rule saying I have to blindly do anything without thinking and asking questions. The rule, in its writing, makes it clear you are KOSable if you walk by (I.e. Approach and then leave), but does not state you are KOSable for not IMMEDIATELY IDing, simply for avoiding IDing. If I'm in error, then I kindly ask someone amend the rules writing to better represent what the rule SHOULD be. And "largely to staff discretion" leaves room for arguing my case. If you want to stroke your ego and pride more, continue to argue OR you can actually look into the rule.

If you're a traitor, body bombs show up on your screen as a giant sign that shows up across the map and I believe the body itself turns red. So, being cautious of the body bomb is not really an excuse here.

Only traitors see a body is rigged, otherwise the trap would never work, so yes, being cautious is a valid excuse. Let me reilliterate the fact that I walked past my RDMer, thinking them AFK, them moving so I knew they weren't, seeing a body, approaching, seeing it was unID'ed, looked up to see RDM'er still standing there, began to ask why they didn't ID, as I began to look down in order to ID, and before I could ID, and without any warning was shot for 'not IDing'. Rick has already confirmed my actions, and if that's in question, the entire server heard him. Further, if you don't ID a body, and lurk nearby for someone else to approach the body, are you seriously saying they can KOS them for not IDing, despite the fact they themselves didn't ID originally? FURTHER let me PUSH THE FACT that I was killed within a few seconds of seeing the body AND IN NO WAY tried to leave the body.

It's already been stated that you could've killed the guy, so there was basically a valid KOS on both of you, it's just that you decided not to follow through on one KOS and got yourself killed because of it. You also say that you were right to be cautious because of the possibility of a body bomb, but you also said this was your T round, meaning you knew whether there was or wasn't a body bomb on the guy. If there was, you brought it on yourself by running up to it (pro tip: stay away from anything that a traitor can use in case it either kills you accidentally or marks you as suspicious). If there wasn't a bomb, there was no reason not to ID the body. I have seen body bombs be used so infrequently that their use hardly warrants a realistic suspicion to not ID a body. In all my hours (which is only about 8, but it still counts) I've only seen maybe 3 rounds where body bombs were used, and 2 of them were placed by me, so it isn't the most common method of getting kills.

Messages In This Thread
Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Scoovie - 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 11:25 AM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Bright Osemwegie - 06-16-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Foxka - 06-16-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Crylo Ren - 06-16-2017, 01:09 PM
RE: Using rules incorrectly; Abuse - by Scoovie - 06-16-2017, 06:54 PM