Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you choose your screen name?
In length,
My signature contains the three names I still go by.

The first, matt_st3, is the oldest name I still have. When I originally started playing on a computer it was always some variation like MatthewSt3, which finally settled at matt_st3 when I made my first email. Matthew is my first name, which ive grown to shorten to Matt as Matthew has always struck me as a younger name. St begins my last name, and 3 was a random number, likely because it rhymed. I believe my runescape account was this, and I played evony with those variations. 

The next was when I was a bit older and got an Xbox 360, which was at Christmas when Halo Reach came out. I was setting up it and my live account at the same, I got a generic name like CurelessStatue46 or some number like that. I changed it to Spartan001295 for Halo since I didn't realize my account name wouldn't change per game. Spartan001, the original name attempted, was already taken so I added 295 from a family members phone number. 

A few years later, if my timeline is correct, the next account a made was on a mobile game called Lords and Knights, a castle based strategy game. I played for 3 years, with a few different groups that I moved around in with a core group of friends I made in the game. This was the first game I played that involved actual interaction with the same online players for a long enough time to get to know them. As such, the nickname Strongrule that I used (based off the two words strong and rule since it was a castle/lord game) became my first real online persona. 

About the time I left that I made this steam account. I had been playing computer games before, but always a disk and finally had a computer of my own (my mac that I originally played this server with) and it didn't have a disk drive. spartan001 became my username with my "steam nickname" being matt_st3.
In college (now) I got a ps4 and named the profile Strongrule, perhaps because I got it with Rainbow 6 which one of the friends from the mobile game had suggested to me. I don't know why the ps4 got the persona and the steam didn't at this point.
From there I played things that really weren't actually interactive on steam until this gmod community. After I played for awhile and joined the community I decided to add Strongrule to the steam name as a way to finally link the 3 names and add my persona name into the community. I was going to change it to just Strongrule, but too many people know me as matt_st3 (really just matt) in this community now so it only got added. 

In short,
matt_st3 is the oldest name and persona I have that I use for many things, Spartan001295 is the impersonal handle that is my xbox tag and username to steam, and Strongrule became my persona that represents the more grown/mature me that I am today.
But y'all know me as matt so that stuck

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
How did you choose your screen name? - by A Fish - 12-17-2017, 02:34 AM
RE: How did you choose your screen name? - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 12-17-2017, 05:01 PM