Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you choose your screen name?
How did you choose your screen name?

Simple question but might be difficult for many to answer.  
This topic was on the old forums  but I must remake it here so we get to know the new people.

I also wanted to add If you are going to be one of those people who say "it was just something completely random" or "it came out of nowhere"
My experience and research of "those" people have told me they have either something to hide, something they are ashamed of or something they are scared to tell.

You probably have the absolute most interesting stories and should not be afraid to share it and i WILL pick on you for copping out if you do.
Don't underestimate me, I will fish out that Club Penguin username!

I will start.

So why am i a fish?
Well thats easy. 
On minecraft i used to afk in a wishing well.
Someone on my minecraft server threw some gold blocks into the magic wishing well and wished that i was a fish and i have been a fish ever since. I dont know how many years now.
I continue to honor that wish today.

Now the name Sugam is more complex.
The simple answer is that it is Magus spelled backwards.

So why did i pick Magus?
*Pulls out the corn cobb pipe*

BACK IN MY DAY we played we played these games that were inside of these things called carterages.
It was a NAND based technology. One of these games was called Chrono Trigger and Magus was my favorite character in the game so my handle online was Magus.

So why is it written backwards?
Well back then I was pretty young getting into computers and admining servers.
I was apart of an old school CS clan which had some drama  and I was exiled from the community due to some completely fictional accusations.

As i was practically a child back then it had a big influence on me.   I stopped playing games for many years because of it.
I lost trust in others online and it was a hard lesson to learn.

When i came back I changed my name   Reversed it   because I was more mature now and I knew how to handle situations better.

I hope you people approve of the "Sugam" I became.   I am still growing but my resolve is the same.
Pretty medium journey for me, when i first had needs for an online screen name i chose "dddj" one if the first games i used that in was Adventure quest, and not the shitty online one the original one. After i while i think i used dark knight a bit, no sure, but eventually moved on to Dark Cat. I used it for a while and eventually changed it to BlackCat. After a bit i played a ton of Zombie Survival on Gmod, and made my name Great Cader for a match since i was atleast competent at making a barricade in the gamemode and lots of people suck at it. I soon then changed my name to BlackCatTheGreat, had that for quite a while. Then a little event happened on the ZS server were we formed a "Sweeper Squaf" in honor of the Sweeper shotgun and we all used it, thus the ~$$~ Being used in my name. Eventually I added the Double Clubs at the end of my name because why not.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
I honestly just woke up, looked at the forums for a second..and thought this is worth the reply.

I don't have that big of a story, but my original name was Sterben_Stark.

This goes a bit(not too far) back on PS4, my brother and I were just thinking of random words, pouring shit out of our mouths.. Sooo he thought of a anime he watched SAO(Sword Art Online) we are both weebs and shit so it was fine with me where he got the idea.

That couldn't be all I had as my name, for reasons as it being taken already, and my 14 year old brain wanted a longer name... I wanted something kinda heroic me being simple minded at that age, I decided to go with the word strong in the same language as Sterben which is German of course..

This being the reason Sterben_Stark came about.

Well that isn't the name you guys know me as..when I truly started dedicating myself to Dinks for the first time, I met a few people and they were really nice to me. I am known by people on the server for just joking around all the time, never being serious until I need to be...so a person I use to talk to said to me "Your name is too serious for you how about..Starky?" Taking the last part of my name and adding a y to it to be more fitting of my non-serious personality.

The [Red] part is for the chat color..red is my favorite color.

That's all about Starky!
I am penguinslayer4, when I was younger my older brother had an xbox account and his username was Llamaslayer so we always used his account cause he was the only one with xbox live.

Then when I got a computer and started to enjoy pc gaming I wanted to create a name for myself and needed ideas. As you can tell I took the slayer concept and used one of my favorite animals, the penguin.

The 4 is simply because penguinslayer was taken as well as penguinslayer1-3
When i Joined it was snipess69 and ive had that since ps2 days on Killzone Online (when it was good i was huge into sniping as well wanted to be a sniper till i relized that i dont wanna kill people lol) then ps3 and ps4 same name but only recently i discovered JustinTimberlime lol i found a pic of him and thats when the name was born lol. (also i like limes lol)
[Image: KEURa1F.gif]
I got drunk, but I'm big Kanye West fan, so that's where the Yeezy came from. I added the Jeezy because it rhymed and I thought it sounded good.
My name used to be Kuro because I thought the Japanese language was awesome back in high school and I also liked the card Dark Blader from yugioh.

I combined the two to become KuroBlader, which I used for a long time before I met my current girlfriend who had the japanese word for rain as her steam name so I wanted to copy it. So being the gay man I am I decided to theme mine with hers and chose the opposite, being fire or kasai in japanese.

Thus I became KuroKasai.

Recently I wanted to get away from the Japanese because people though I was a weeb and I didn't like that so I set out to change it to something else. I thought about how I wanted to return to the server soon and Halloween was coming up so I went a ghost theme, something I've liked since I was a kid. But just like before, I decided that english wasn't good enough so I chose German, having been taught the language and having family from the area I liked the way some words sounded.

So Just like that Ghost became Geist, and Geist is sometimes taken so I typically take GeistWalker, taking the ending from my grandfather's middle name of Walker.

(Yes I know there is a more 'direct' form of saying ghost in the german language, but did you know that german has several different words that mean the same things in different context? The more you know.)
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
This was always imteresting to read about others past.

Mine came back from the origional Xbox (I was around 3 when I started playing) I used to watch Austin powers all the time before I slept. And my dad had a Xbox account too his was Dr. Evil, my mom also played games as well back then and hers was Fembot (all characters from Austin powers) and when I finally got my account I named mine MiniMe2001 who was also from Austin powers and then the 2001 was the year I was born. And now it’s just been my name in most things I do.
Mine's quite simple xD

mkkay is a nickname I have in real life
671 is the area code of where my family and I are from, Guam.  :D

Edit: Due to the complexity of my real name, I have a lot of different nicknames (like around 10)
I choose the mkkay one because it was the most unique one when I created my account  :P
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
Saw this sexy motherfucker and thought "Hey that's Strangely Erotic" ezpz