Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and clarifications concerning rules
(01-13-2018, 02:20 PM)Milk Man Wrote: Let me just say this, when it comes to bullying, slandering, racism, etc. it is not tolerated on the server what so ever. I know this because I've seen people muted, gagged, kicked, and banned for it. If someone feels like they are being targeted you can trust that it will be taken care of. With that being said, what you are making it out to be is not any of this. Let me give you an example, of course we know Helen is black and Asian, we joke around with her about it and she jokes right back. These are the cases where it's "okay" because it's just friends joking around. If she ever felt like it wasn't okay or was offended then we would stop immediately but that has never been the case. We constantly make fun of each other here, whether it be race, gender, etc. it's all camaraderie. Being in the military you have to have thick skin because we don't care what you are, we all shit talk each other but as soon as someone asks to stop because it's taken personal or serious then we stop. From my personal opinion you're starting something that has never really been a problem because there's a difference between 2 or more friends joking with each other and then just joining on the server and spamming "n word with hard r" in your mic or in chat, or calling someone it with (for lack of a better word) bad intentions. Those cases are taken serious and those people will be dealt with accordingly. Although racism, sexism, etc is a serious issue, you can't take away from the fact that it can be used as a joke between friends to just shit talk each other and such. I'm not defending the use of the word, but I'm not going to say that I haven't fucked with any of my friends (irl or in game) and used personal stuff against them for a good laugh for EVERYONE (including that person) Camaraderie brings people together, no matter how it happens.

*Edit*
And before you say anything, just know I'm not saying Woraug is wrong, because he's not. What ever staff did that, blatantly just using racism in the reason to kick themself is wrong and should be taken care of. It's bad taste and not only does it give Dinkleberg a bad name, it gives the whole community a bad name. It makes it seem like it's okay to just go around saying it when it's not.
Racism shouldn't be used in any form even if joking in a public place where users in the community can see. It is about maturity if people learned how to control themselves this wouldn't be a problem. Seriously there is no reason the word should be used where a public eye can see it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions and clarifications concerning rules - by [Red]Starky - 01-13-2018, 02:54 PM