Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and clarifications concerning rules
So, I've only been back a few days, and I've noticed something different about  the TTT server.  Racism.  Fucking.  Everywhere.  I'm not talking casual pokes like "sup nigga".  I've heard and seen people using all manner of abusive slurs.  I haven't seen this many "niggers" thrown into conversations since Django Unchained.  And everyone's just OK with this.  I've been told by a staff member that this is perfectly acceptable, unless they decide it's not.  At which point they can choose to follow the written rules.  I was informed this was changed a while back to allow for such language.

Looking at the TTT rules, it still states:

Quote:6. Do Not Flame Or Troll Players
Flaming, harassing, trolling, or targeting other players is prohibited. Offensive language (racism, sexism, etc) is NOT allowed in any form.

Harassment Punishment:
- 1st Offence: Warning + temporary !gag or !mute
- 2nd Offence: Kick
- 3rd Offence: 1 Day Ban
- 4th Offence: 1 Week Ban

And even after looking into the aforementioned rule change, I found this:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=1291

Quote:A few months ago, the rules were rewritten to allow the use of the word “n word with hard r” on the server. There had been a decent push in the community for it to be allowed, so the privilege had been bestowed upon you to use it in a reasonable fashion.

You have taken this privilege and abused it. It is now being revoked.

As of this moment, ALL blatantly bigoted language is forbidden on the server. This includes but is not limited to:
  • Racism
  • Sexism
  • Antisemitism
  • Islamophobia
  • Transphobia

One of the reasons you were given the ability to use this language was because it was becoming a nuisance for staff to handle telling you to cut it out. Your actions with this privilege turned this nuisance into a problem. The phrase “within reason” clearly meant nothing to those who wished to abuse it. It’s their fault that everyone is subject to this change in policy.

We're apparently even tolerating this from staff.

[Image: 4hkRzTf.png]

As I've been told, this subject is a grey area, and it's something that really shouldn't be.  It's either to allow people to use whatever hateful and derogatory language they feel like, or to disallow it entirely as it previously was.

With all that said, I would like clarification.  Is it, or is it not allowed on the TTT server?  I eagerly await a response, as it will determine whether or not I remain a part of this community.
[Image: image.php]
Yeah after being called a n****r from a staff member I kinda quit. Dude is suppose to be my hire up and treats me with that toxic stuff. No thanks.
Not really sure what to say. I did not think it was so common of an issue. I do jump on at night and don't typically see a lot of staff, so if it's staff that would explain why. I simply do not allow the use of the word and any other harrasment I recognize, and the staff I usually see at night do the same. I do see jokes go under the radar sometimes but even then if it goes to far the player is told to stop or gagged.
Of course I appear to be wrong with the amount of staff, including a large portion of PH staff, liking the messages. I know many people commonly use said slurs on the discord, but it should not be used on the server, or especially towards players and other staff. This is not a grey area, it should be clear to recognize and deal with. Unless a higher up decided to repeal the rule, whichever staff told you it's a grey area is flat wrong, as shown in the rules you quoted.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Let me just say this, when it comes to bullying, slandering, racism, etc. it is not tolerated on the server what so ever. I know this because I've seen people muted, gagged, kicked, and banned for it. If someone feels like they are being targeted you can trust that it will be taken care of. With that being said, what you are making it out to be is not any of this. Let me give you an example, of course we know Helen is black and Asian, we joke around with her about it and she jokes right back. These are the cases where it's "okay" because it's just friends joking around. If she ever felt like it wasn't okay or was offended then we would stop immediately but that has never been the case. We constantly make fun of each other here, whether it be race, gender, etc. it's all camaraderie. Being in the military you have to have thick skin because we don't care what you are, we all shit talk each other but as soon as someone asks to stop because it's taken personal or serious then we stop. From my personal opinion you're starting something that has never really been a problem because there's a difference between 2 or more friends joking with each other and then just joining on the server and spamming "n word with hard r" in your mic or in chat, or calling someone it with (for lack of a better word) bad intentions. Those cases are taken serious and those people will be dealt with accordingly. Although racism, sexism, etc is a serious issue, you can't take away from the fact that it can be used as a joke between friends to just shit talk each other and such. I'm not defending the use of the word, but I'm not going to say that I haven't fucked with any of my friends (irl or in game) and used personal stuff against them for a good laugh for EVERYONE (including that person) Camaraderie brings people together, no matter how it happens.

*Edit*
And before you say anything, just know I'm not saying Woraug is wrong, because he's not. What ever staff did that, blatantly just using racism in the reason to kick themself is wrong and should be taken care of. It's bad taste and not only does it give Dinkleberg a bad name, it gives the whole community a bad name. It makes it seem like it's okay to just go around saying it when it's not.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
(01-13-2018, 02:20 PM)Milk Man Wrote: Let me just say this, when it comes to bullying, slandering, racism, etc. it is not tolerated on the server what so ever. I know this because I've seen people muted, gagged, kicked, and banned for it. If someone feels like they are being targeted you can trust that it will be taken care of. With that being said, what you are making it out to be is not any of this. Let me give you an example, of course we know Helen is black and Asian, we joke around with her about it and she jokes right back. These are the cases where it's "okay" because it's just friends joking around. If she ever felt like it wasn't okay or was offended then we would stop immediately but that has never been the case. We constantly make fun of each other here, whether it be race, gender, etc. it's all camaraderie. Being in the military you have to have thick skin because we don't care what you are, we all shit talk each other but as soon as someone asks to stop because it's taken personal or serious then we stop. From my personal opinion you're starting something that has never really been a problem because there's a difference between 2 or more friends joking with each other and then just joining on the server and spamming "n word with hard r" in your mic or in chat, or calling someone it with (for lack of a better word) bad intentions. Those cases are taken serious and those people will be dealt with accordingly. Although racism, sexism, etc is a serious issue, you can't take away from the fact that it can be used as a joke between friends to just shit talk each other and such. I'm not defending the use of the word, but I'm not going to say that I haven't fucked with any of my friends (irl or in game) and used personal stuff against them for a good laugh for EVERYONE (including that person) Camaraderie brings people together, no matter how it happens.

*Edit*
And before you say anything, just know I'm not saying Woraug is wrong, because he's not. What ever staff did that, blatantly just using racism in the reason to kick themself is wrong and should be taken care of. It's bad taste and not only does it give Dinkleberg a bad name, it gives the whole community a bad name. It makes it seem like it's okay to just go around saying it when it's not.
Racism shouldn't be used in any form even if joking in a public place where users in the community can see. It is about maturity if people learned how to control themselves this wouldn't be a problem. Seriously there is no reason the word should be used where a public eye can see it.
(01-13-2018, 02:54 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:20 PM)Milk Man Wrote: Let me just say this, when it comes to bullying, slandering, racism, etc. it is not tolerated on the server what so ever. I know this because I've seen people muted, gagged, kicked, and banned for it. If someone feels like they are being targeted you can trust that it will be taken care of. With that being said, what you are making it out to be is not any of this. Let me give you an example, of course we know Helen is black and Asian, we joke around with her about it and she jokes right back. These are the cases where it's "okay" because it's just friends joking around. If she ever felt like it wasn't okay or was offended then we would stop immediately but that has never been the case. We constantly make fun of each other here, whether it be race, gender, etc. it's all camaraderie. Being in the military you have to have thick skin because we don't care what you are, we all shit talk each other but as soon as someone asks to stop because it's taken personal or serious then we stop. From my personal opinion you're starting something that has never really been a problem because there's a difference between 2 or more friends joking with each other and then just joining on the server and spamming "n word with hard r" in your mic or in chat, or calling someone it with (for lack of a better word) bad intentions. Those cases are taken serious and those people will be dealt with accordingly. Although racism, sexism, etc is a serious issue, you can't take away from the fact that it can be used as a joke between friends to just shit talk each other and such. I'm not defending the use of the word, but I'm not going to say that I haven't fucked with any of my friends (irl or in game) and used personal stuff against them for a good laugh for EVERYONE (including that person) Camaraderie brings people together, no matter how it happens.

*Edit*
Racism shouldn't be used in any form even if joking in a public place where users in the community can see. It is about maturity if people learned how to control themselves this wouldn't be a problem. Seriously there is no reason the word should be used where a public eye can see it.

Exactly, that's why I reiterated that it was not okay for that staff member to do that what's so ever. I should have clarified I'm talking more of a discord type of setting where you are more one on one. And if someone that you don't know is there you should watch what you say. I don't think racism is okay in a public setting what so ever. But when it's one on one or just a group of people that know each other are joking then there really is no harm since it's more disclosed.
For the racism part ima put my 2 cents in , 1 its 2019 and the world today takes anything too seriously and drags it on further to make a big scene for various reasons.... and 2 this community talks and responds to eachother via toxicity and racism... I'm sure nobody is offended ( unless they are knew ) but its kinda what the rep is for Dinks and it will always stay like that, its how people communicate around here....
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(01-13-2018, 03:27 PM)Linfalas Wrote: For the racism part ima put my 2 cents in , 1 its 2019 and the world today takes anything too seriously and drags it on further to make a big scene for various reasons.... and 2 this community talks and responds to eachother via toxicity and racism... I'm sure nobody is offended ( unless they are knew ) but its kinda what the rep is for Dinks and it will always stay like that, its how people communicate around here....

Damn this dude's in 2019 while we're still in 2018
(01-13-2018, 03:29 PM)Milk Man Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 03:27 PM)Linfalas Wrote: For the racism part ima put my 2 cents in , 1 its 2019 and the world today takes anything too seriously and drags it on further to make a big scene for various reasons.... and 2 this community talks and responds to eachother via toxicity and racism... I'm sure nobody is offended ( unless they are knew ) but its kinda what the rep is for Dinks and it will always stay like that, its how people communicate around here....

Damn this dude's in 2019 while we're still in 2018

Fuk I Just saw that
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]

Listen. On prophunt we strongly oppose all ideals of toxicity and racism. The fact that we are associated with TTT and that a staff member over there states that this is what Dinks is known for is upsetting.

This is why the prophunt and TTT communities are as separated as they are.
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]