Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and clarifications concerning rules
I'm not too sure what to say on this matter, if only because I feel the words used are important to get right with from what I've seen is a bit of a touchy subject. Hell, it seemed like people were celebrating it when the rules were made such that you could freely use the n word so long as you didn't use a hard R at the end.

The thing is that if you constantly say unpleasant things, even if its a joke, you are being unpleasant. Having this unpleasant presence will only drive away new people not in favor of it, as well as regulars if it gets too bad, while drawing in those that might like such an unpleasant presence in earnest, not in a joking manner.

I know those in favor of using such language or ideals regardless of their intent behind using them will argue that those opposed just need to grow a thicker skin or suck it up, but I can't accept that as a valid answer when there exist places where you don't have to deal with such unpleasantness or said unpleasantness is dealt with swiftly that show it isn't needed. Just be conscious of what you're saying and stop to think for a second before you press enter for text chat. Even if nothing is done about it rules wise, just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

I'm also a bit saddened by your viewpoint lin, it seems like such a defeatist perspective. It's only when those who wish for change accept defeat that change can truly never come.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions and clarifications concerning rules - by Jerminator00 - 01-13-2018, 04:24 PM