Banned for Alerting Admins to AFK Player
For what it's worth, I think telling people this in admin chat, specifically when there's not many people left (like in this situation), should be a situation where this punishment wouldn't come into effect. The purpose of the rule against ghosting is to prevent you from telling other players who the traitors are, but if you're specifically telling it to staff members, they shouldn't be punished. I think it doesn't matter that the other two players were staff in this situation, since the round wouldn't have even progressed any more.

As I see it, a lot of verdicts on this server are made as a result of strictly interpreting the rules, and not interpreting the intention of the user. The user wanted to keep the game going and told staff about an AFK traitor. Given the circumstances, we can tell that the intent wasn't malicious, nor was it meant to disrupt the game (given how an AFK traitor was already disrupting the game).

I'm all for unbanning @Smoof.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Banned for Alerting Admins to AFK Player - by Rhapsody - 01-03-2017, 11:15 AM