Banned for Alerting Admins to AFK Player
Ingame Name: Smoof

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7791981

Who Banned You: Christmas Fish/A Fish

Reason for Ban: Ghosting

Length of Ban: AN ENTIRE WEEK?!

Reason for Mods to Unban: I was using the @ command to alert the admins that the last player of the round was AFK. When the last players were an obvious innocent, a detective, and the AFK guy it tipped me off that the last guy was obviously T. So I use @ command again to beg the admin to kick the player so no one on the server would have to deal with an AFK player. BUT I MENTION THAT THEY ARE ALSO A T. Apparently this is ghosting when I tell the admins that the last player is AFK and a T. I firmly believe this was NOT ghosting whatsoever, because I did not directly PM any players, especially those living, any information; I simply direct messaged the admins using the @ command, SPECIFICALLY TO AVOID GHOSTING/METAGAMING. 

Please unban me! I absolutely love to play on your server and it's incredibly crushing that I can't play the rest of the week because of such an insanely miniscule and completely unintentional breach of the rules.
"I firmly believe this was NOT ghosting whatsoever, because I did not directly PM any players, especially those living, any information; I simply direct messaged the admins using the @ command, SPECIFICALLY TO AVOID GHOSTING/METAGAMING. "

You realize that me and Christmas Fish were alive when you said that right?
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
You said in Admin chat that Goose was AFK and the last T... while the other two living players were a Mod and an Admin. That's ghosting.

Normally, this is an automatic permaban that would be reduced to a week on appeal. But Christmas Fish decided to spare you the trouble of making an appeal and just set you to the week. It won't get reduced further.
you said it in admin chat, when there was only 3 people left. You also didn't just say he was afk, you told us he was a T. I saved you the trouble of making an appeal and reduced your ban to a week. If you do it again when you come back then it will be perma ban.
[Image: aRYNY7l.jpg]
[Image: tenor.gif]
In all honesty you guys should of just force spec'd the AFK, and told Smoof not to do it again. He's new and is actually fun to play with. But that's just my opinion.

I'd be fine with an unban. But if not 1-2 day reduce.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I'm for an unban or day ban here. it's easy to make a mistake like Smoof did, i would've just told him to not do it again
For what it's worth, I think telling people this in admin chat, specifically when there's not many people left (like in this situation), should be a situation where this punishment wouldn't come into effect. The purpose of the rule against ghosting is to prevent you from telling other players who the traitors are, but if you're specifically telling it to staff members, they shouldn't be punished. I think it doesn't matter that the other two players were staff in this situation, since the round wouldn't have even progressed any more.

As I see it, a lot of verdicts on this server are made as a result of strictly interpreting the rules, and not interpreting the intention of the user. The user wanted to keep the game going and told staff about an AFK traitor. Given the circumstances, we can tell that the intent wasn't malicious, nor was it meant to disrupt the game (given how an AFK traitor was already disrupting the game).

I'm all for unbanning @Smoof.
He's not getting a full unban, I'll reduce it to 2 days. @Smoof Don't do it again.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Smoof - STEAM_0:1:7791981's ban has been reduced to 2 days.

TCBA
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
@Christian @"KillshotKenny" for the record before he told us he was a T i told him to stop, then he did this, a week was more than justified. Stop trying to play white kniights because you feel sorry for people. I don't give a shit if you are a new player or not, there is an !MOTD and rules for a reason, if you cannot be bothered to read the god damn rules i have zero sympathy for you. its not fucking hard.
[Image: tenor.gif]