Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mr.Potato’s Trusted Application
(09-10-2018, 01:20 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Travis1421 Wrote: My question is, why have a requirement if we say it isn't enough. I get that we want people who show initiative and want people to be known in the community. But why have a requirement if we tell them to get more hours?

i don't play PH, but i can tell you that applying right after you have the bare minimum requirements will, 9 times out of 10, get your application denied because it doesn't show a whole lot of dedication or patience, two things that a staff member absolutely needs (trust me when i say that, i staff on TTT and from what i've seen the people over here are worse than the people on PH.)

i had around 226 hours when i applied for Trusted on TTT, and the requirement is 100 hours. i used those extra 116 hours to make myself known in the community, and proved to them before i ever applied that i was dedicated and that i could handle the rigorous job of being a staff member, which is why i was accepted. i have no reason to believe that things would be any different if i decided to play on PH instead of TTT.

tl;dr the requirements are there to set a guideline as to when you should apply, but you shouldn't apply immediately after doing the bare minimum to be able to apply
Then they should be presented more so as a guideline rather than a requirement. I get it because I'm a former Moderator myself and have -1 for some similar reasonings. I just feel they should be presented to be more of a guideline than a requirement.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]

Messages In This Thread
Mr.Potato’s Trusted Application - by Mr.Potato - 09-08-2018, 12:50 PM
RE: Mr.Potato’s Trusted Application - by Tamiko - 09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
RE: Mr.Potato’s Trusted Application - by Travis1421 - 09-10-2018, 01:38 PM