Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tromblowen's Trusted Application
Okay, I'm sponsoring Trombowen for a few reasons and I gave this a lot of thought. I'll start with the obvious ones then address the concerns I know people will have.
- Has good knowledge of the rules and situations related to TTT
- Is mostly active.
- Has also keep a level head(for the most part, I'll explain more below as I have seen people have concerns about this.)

I know some people started having concerns after Trombowen made a few posts that might've come across as being in poor taste to some, but I don't think this one thing should be held against him for the rest of the times he applies. He got frustrated at the fact that he was denied with confusion and wanted to point out a few things, especially when he was under the impression that he wasn't  going to get it based off of something that wasn't necessarily true. I'm not saying what he did was necessarily the smartest way to go about it and not everything he said is true, but I still see this as a minor infraction compared to other things I've seen in the past from other situations. While his app's original reason for being denied was "just came back from a break" I myself found this to be pretty strange given that his activity had skyrocketed since his first app back in September(but there might've been other reasons too as to why it was denied). But I did, and still do respect the Admin's decision to deny his second application.

Everyone has their flaws, everyone has regretted doing something at one point in their life, and I don't think these minor things that happened after his last application should forever be held over his head. Yes, character judgment is  also an important part in considering applicants for staff and some of his posts may have come off as negative, but I think his character should be judged as a whole, looking at the bigger picture, rather than focusing on one thing. Trombowen has expressed his remorse to me and in a forum post a few days after the whole thing(here) about how he wrongly approached the situation,the slight arguing, and how he should've reworded some of the things he said so it didn't come across as hostile as he wanted it to be.

I'm all for second chances, but only to those that deserve it; I think Trombowen is well deserving of a second chance for not only for some of the things he's done or tried to do for the community to try and make it a better place and more enjoyable for everyone, but also for his consistent activity with no major gaps from his very first application all the way to now, which was the main problem.

TLDR; +1, worth giving a shot

Messages In This Thread
Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by Trombowen - 12-19-2018, 02:40 PM
RE: Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by Gabe - 12-19-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by ✩Hani - 12-19-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by ding - 12-19-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by Dolphin - 12-20-2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Tromblowen's Trusted Application - by Dakota - 12-20-2018, 05:37 PM