Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tromblowen's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: Trombowen

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40370037

Time Played: >800 Hours

When First Joined: ~July 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): After dark most weeks (EST)

Sponsor(s): @Gabe 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: Over the past few months, I've tried to do stuff here and there to help the server, like helping with server content; I can still help with this. In addition, I know the rules quite well, and I'm confident in my ability to moderate the server, considering I've had experience doing this when no staff are online. 

Why you want to help the community: I've been here for a long time, and it's one of my favorite pastimes. I feel as though becoming a staff member is the next step up in giving back to the community.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): N/A

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Previous Application, Another Previous Application

How did you find us?: Randomly after the fall of Debonair TTT

Other: Below are my hours for this month on the server. There are a couple gaps, but those are thanks to finals studying/testing and Christmas stuff.

[Image: player_score.php?nameb64=VHJvbWJvd2Vu&ho...1674933224]
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Okay, I'm sponsoring Trombowen for a few reasons and I gave this a lot of thought. I'll start with the obvious ones then address the concerns I know people will have.
- Has good knowledge of the rules and situations related to TTT
- Is mostly active.
- Has also keep a level head(for the most part, I'll explain more below as I have seen people have concerns about this.)

I know some people started having concerns after Trombowen made a few posts that might've come across as being in poor taste to some, but I don't think this one thing should be held against him for the rest of the times he applies. He got frustrated at the fact that he was denied with confusion and wanted to point out a few things, especially when he was under the impression that he wasn't  going to get it based off of something that wasn't necessarily true. I'm not saying what he did was necessarily the smartest way to go about it and not everything he said is true, but I still see this as a minor infraction compared to other things I've seen in the past from other situations. While his app's original reason for being denied was "just came back from a break" I myself found this to be pretty strange given that his activity had skyrocketed since his first app back in September(but there might've been other reasons too as to why it was denied). But I did, and still do respect the Admin's decision to deny his second application.

Everyone has their flaws, everyone has regretted doing something at one point in their life, and I don't think these minor things that happened after his last application should forever be held over his head. Yes, character judgment is  also an important part in considering applicants for staff and some of his posts may have come off as negative, but I think his character should be judged as a whole, looking at the bigger picture, rather than focusing on one thing. Trombowen has expressed his remorse to me and in a forum post a few days after the whole thing(here) about how he wrongly approached the situation,the slight arguing, and how he should've reworded some of the things he said so it didn't come across as hostile as he wanted it to be.

I'm all for second chances, but only to those that deserve it; I think Trombowen is well deserving of a second chance for not only for some of the things he's done or tried to do for the community to try and make it a better place and more enjoyable for everyone, but also for his consistent activity with no major gaps from his very first application all the way to now, which was the main problem.

TLDR; +1, worth giving a shot
I know after that last application you made, you were a bit upset and made you react in a certain way doing a few things you probably shouldn't have. After speaking with you though a few times, you told me that it wasn't a smart move and seemed remorseful of it. It's understandable given the circumstances at that time and a good majority of us can let our emotions get the best of us, I see that you can accept and learn from your experiences and grow past them and that's good.

Overall though as I've known you, you've shown dedication and vast knowledge of the rules. I don't see a reason to -1 this despite having that small bump I previously mentioned so Trombowen-

+1
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
I'm gonna throw a +0 here. You'd make a good staff member most things considered but it is still a bit short off the last app and I have apprehensions about your temper from that still. You have been on the right track though, so keep it up and if this doesn't go through then I think you would be all set given just a little longer
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(12-19-2018, 02:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I'm gonna throw a +0 here. You'd make a good staff member most things considered but it is still a bit short off the last app and I have apprehensions about your temper from that still. You have been on the right track though, so keep it up and if this doesn't go through then I think you would be all set given just a little longer

I think it's worth defending myself a little bit here. Yes, I will admit that I overreacted a bit, but I think most people would react in a similar manner given my situation at the time. On the server, I'm pretty much always levelheaded, and I don't think anything that happened surrounding my previous application will compromise my ability to moderate the server. I'd like to use this as evidence to that: here. In this incident, as you can see in the report, I was blatantly harassed and RDM'd. I could have easily kicked and/or gagged those assholes, but I didn't. I kept a level head, I collected evidence, and I posted the thread on the forums to allow the moderators to deal with the situation accordingly. I think this example, and my attitude on the server, is proof that in most situations, I keep a level head.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

I think you still have some things to work out with your attitude, but that's something I know you've been working so I have no problem with you becoming trusted. +1
Emotions get the best of us sometimes man, but nothing too major for me to not support you. I just wouldn't let it happen again, but other than that he has good activity and is familiar with the rules. I think that he'd be a good addition to the staff team. +1
easy +1 from me. Very capable of deserving in my opinion of the position
(12-19-2018, 03:26 PM)Trombowen Wrote:
(12-19-2018, 02:59 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I'm gonna throw a +0 here. You'd make a good staff member most things considered but it is still a bit short off the last app and I have apprehensions about your temper from that still. You have been on the right track though, so keep it up and if this doesn't go through then I think you would be all set given just a little longer

I think it's worth defending myself a little bit here. Yes, I will admit that I overreacted a bit, but I think most people would react in a similar manner given my situation at the time. On the server, I'm pretty much always levelheaded, and I don't think anything that happened surrounding my previous application will compromise my ability to moderate the server. I'd like to use this as evidence to that: here. In this incident, as you can see in the report, I was blatantly harassed and RDM'd. I could have easily kicked and/or gagged those assholes, but I didn't. I kept a level head, I collected evidence, and I posted the thread on the forums to allow the moderators to deal with the situation accordingly. I think this example, and my attitude on the server, is proof that in most situations, I keep a level head.

You have been doing a great moving on from that situation, and staying levelheaded. Where I'm coming from with the vote is I would like to see you keep it just a little longer and then I would endorse 100%. So I guess for all intents and purposes given it's a lower rank too, I'll put the vote to a +1, just keep in mind those things and continue to keep them up/imrpove upon them.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
As long as you seem to keep a level head about things like I have noticed then you get my +1
Surprise! I'm back!

[Image: pvJCHKP.gif]